1. Walker's rating of the film Gangs of New York

Messy, messy, messy, but in the hands of Scorsese I was still throughly entertained. There are some great moments

2. spasmolytic's rating of the film Gangs of New York

They should've stayed in Ireland. Saved the world from this stupid movie.

3. Ann Burden's rating of the film Gangs of New York

4. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film Gangs of New York

5. ghsdtgsdhgsdasghd's rating of the film Gangs of New York

Great performance by Daniel Day Lewis as the butcher. Great movie at times, but overall unfocused plot and too long for its own good.

6. anacecil's rating of the film Gangs of New York

La llegada de los inmigrantes Italianos, cambió la vida en New York. Los ladrones, la pobresa, la triste vida de la gente de la calle, se muestra de una form amedio cómica y burlesca.

7. Balthaz21's rating of the film Gangs of New York

8. Erica Narduzzi's rating of the film Gangs of New York

Un film potente. Una storia che ti da la carica e ti fa venir voglia di combattere per qualcosa.

9. Sheé Magicienne's rating of the film Gangs of New York

i give an extra star for the art direction

10. James Mackin's rating of the film Gangs of New York

It never tops the beginning, but it's very good.

11. Jim Fear's rating of the film Gangs of New York

Amazing mise en scène and atmosphere

12. Luca Soldati's rating of the film Gangs of New York

Trama ben sviluppata, con svolte intelligenti e personaggi veramente ben costruiti. Il protagonista e il Macellaio sono i migliori, con numerose sfaccettature e lati oscuri. Forte critica ai politici e all'alta società, mostrati senza umanità. La vendetta è vista come fine a se stessa e inutile.Tecnica di altissimo livelli, con sequenze ben strutturate e dal forte impatto.Messa in scena e musiche veramente ben fatte

13. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Gangs of New York

Nice to feel so conflicted about a film. As unwieldy, savage, maudlin and meat-headed as America itself. A bloody entertaining pantomime, though not edifyin' to borrow to parlance of P. T. Barnum. Weirdly depressing/ stirring to watch a week before the 2016 American election. Kept seeing parallels between Bill the Butler and his Nativists as Trump and his followers, thumping the elites & oppressed minorities alike.

14. Rebecca Lynn Johnson's rating of the film Gangs of New York

Martin Scorsese's style really shines in the movie, but I've seen better storytelling in his other films.

15. T. J. Mesen's rating of the film Gangs of New York

What really stands out to me is the pacing. Schoonmaker and Scorsese edit in the language of myth-making; a myth for those history will not remember. Moving emotionally, even nostalgically in a sense, through those that with "blood and tribulation" crafted one of the world's capitals. The opening and closing scenes, both on their own and contrasted to each other, are some of the best filmmaking Scorsese has done.

16. gld48's rating of the film Gangs of New York

Daniel Day Lewis was great and the actual production was cool but everything else was MEH

17. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Gangs of New York

I just wanted an excuse to rewatch this underrated film and I found it long time ago: I love you Marty and I will love you forever.

18. DenoResandono's rating of the film Gangs of New York

I've always thought this is a graphic novel adaptation...

19. bagno's rating of the film Gangs of New York

20. Erjon Deniro's rating of the film Gangs of New York

21. Mark O. Stack's rating of the film Gangs of New York

Almost unwatchable. Cameron Diaz and Leonardo DiCaprio sharing the screen together creates a blackhole of entertainment and interest.

22. kris's rating of the film Gangs of New York

This is a good film but it go's to s**t towards the end. Almost like a rushed last 30mins. I feel this could have been more.

23. Aaron Dillenbeck's rating of the film Gangs of New York

DDL gives a master class on acting here. Only weak link in the movie is Cameron Diaz. Very fun.

24. Operation Kino's rating of the film Gangs of New York

Even though Cameron Diaz ruins an almost perfect film, Daniel Day-Lewis is here.

← Previous 1 3 4 5