1. Nick Schwab's rating of the film Gangs of Wasseypur: Part II

With cues from Hollywood gangster cinema-- Coppola, Scorsese, and Tarantino-- Director Anurag Kashyap uses these landmarks-- and especially his outrageous, stylish violence-- for his unique, gonzo style to reverse crime film thematic platitudes, giving unique insights into societies that use crimelords as a cultural symbol, asking us if they, like the cycle of vengeance in the film, are simply damned from the start.

2. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film Gangs of Wasseypur: Part II

More energetic and urgent than Part I, but maybe not necessarily better? Well worth watching regardless.

3. ceknklsn's rating of the film Gangs of Wasseypur: Part II

4. JulianLazare's rating of the film Gangs of Wasseypur: Part II

This film was a completely new take on the epic crime drama. Bollywood films were always hard to watch for me, they always seemed messy, and the musical numbers out of place. But they always had a sense of fun to them. This film brought that fun to realism, and influenced the style. It enjoyed getting revenge more than leading to it. Every hour got me more involved in the story and characters. Catch it if you can!

5. mpho3's rating of the film Gangs of Wasseypur: Part II

"As the story grows ever more byzantine, Kashyap gets bogged down.... But as a rich and exuberant character-driven crime saga in an idiom you absolutely have not encountered before, and a dense, unsentimental portrayal of the collision between democracy, capitalism and gangsterism on the frayed margins of the post-colonial world, GOW is a signal achievement in 21st-century cinema." - Andrew O'Hehir, Salon.

6. Gonçalo Rosas's rating of the film Gangs of Wasseypur: Part II

8 - Even better than the first half, with the same strengths and weaknesses plus a hell of a final act. Taking "Gangs of Wasseypur" as a whole was a great experience; it displays both an abundance of western archetypes filtered through eastern eyes, and the devolution of the criminal paralleled with the evolution of society; from folk hero, to gangster, to film villain aspirant, always with the same bad blood.

7. Kevin's rating of the film Gangs of Wasseypur: Part II

I liked the first one better because it has more story, but I will recall the song about a daughter in law is like a wire, the "What does Definite Mean?" Conversation, and the discussion about the Sultan's fruit for a long to come. The other thing that will haunt is the last scene, the train running and the child. I watched these 245 minute films in two days Labor Day Weekend. I would happily see them again.

8. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Gangs of Wasseypur: Part II

Surprisingly strong and rich storytelling in both parts. Great the idea of using historical and popular Hindi film songs to comment on the narration.

9. Sourav Mukherjee's rating of the film Gangs of Wasseypur: Part II

Killing a person will not stop him from avenging you.

10. Creative Pagal's rating of the film Gangs of Wasseypur: Part II

I like this part more then 1st part but still i will rate both equally coz both have they own standards \m/

11. Andre Rehal's rating of the film Gangs of Wasseypur: Part II

The completion of a multi-generational crime dynasty story which leaves room for more believe it or not but leaves everything in a satisfactory place. A little lighter than the first film it still shows that history repeats itself and legacies and vendettas continue in some shape or form. Plus the shootout at the end was pretty good.

12. Sudipto Basu's rating of the film Gangs of Wasseypur: Part II

Personally feel it's a better film than Part I - and craftwise, the peak in Kashyap's career till date. But it earns its irony too easily, and inspite of being pretty entertaining, really doesn't hit home. Kashyap's shirking away from a moral/emotional ground ensures that it'll be a guilty pleasure to return to, only because it's too goddamned well-made.

13. lightwarrior179's rating of the film Gangs of Wasseypur: Part II

Strong and a very entertaining follow-up to the first part. It's only problem is it can't decide whether to choose style over substance. Result is it ends up being neither the ultra-violent Kill Bill Vol.1 it often aims to be nor does it end up being as conceptually strong Part 1. Leaves a little hollow feeling after it's over.