1. bulgrin's rating of the film Gangster Squad

Totally unnecessary, unnerving and a waste of time and money.

2. James Mackin's rating of the film Gangster Squad

A bad version of the Untouchables.

3. Daniel Roque's rating of the film Gangster Squad

The promising cast wasn't enough to keep my attention alive. I'm dead. Dead by Sean Penn's fake nose, dead by Ryan Gosling's fake accent and most of all dead by Emma Stone simply existence.

4. Ryuu Baron's rating of the film Gangster Squad

This movie breaths class and style.

5. Jans de Jager's rating of the film Gangster Squad

6. Roberto Tonello's rating of the film Gangster Squad

7. laissez-faire's rating of the film Gangster Squad

terrifically horribly entertaining

8. yigitpinarbasi's rating of the film Gangster Squad

Great cast but cheap outcome. Two stars for funny unexpected funny moments and Sean Penn.

9. Susana Bessa's rating of the film Gangster Squad

Wow, that was a disastrous (for lack of a more atrocious adjective) film noir attempt. Did Fleischer really think that a golden cast would save him from this mess? I bet he did. Because otherwise he would have had the whole screenplay rewritten, and he would've rethought his game strategies.

10. Shemu'el Aruch's rating of the film Gangster Squad

I can only describe this as an atrocity. A horrendous action movie disguised as a gangster movie that plays out like a poorly organized LARP session. If anyone out there had a part in this film, even as an extra, do not add the title to you CV.

11. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film Gangster Squad

"Gangster Squad" assembles a great cast in Ruben Fleischer’s disastrous cinematic experiment on crime. Full Review and Rating: http://alwayswatchgoodmovies.blogspot.com/2013/01/gangster-squad-2012.html

12. girlsonvhs's rating of the film Gangster Squad

I see everyone put on their worst Jay Leno impression (and by everyone I mean you, Gosling.)

13. LOVETT's rating of the film Gangster Squad

14. Heikan's rating of the film Gangster Squad

I don't like to talk shit about movies. I think it's a waste of time and a distraction whenever I want to talk about movies. But this is a special case. FUCK THIS MOVIE. Was this a joke? Like a satire or something? How could a script so bland, filled with retarded dialogue and cookie-cutter scenes and characters could get, not only green light, but such a great casting? I won't do this ever again. Maybe.

15. dschank's rating of the film Gangster Squad

dear mubi: i promise i'll start watching good movies again soon. it's been a long semester, i'm home for the holidays and my parents have super fancy premium cable. when i think of all the decent things i could have been watching (or doing) while suffering through this, i'm a little ashamed of myself.

16. Anna's rating of the film Gangster Squad

hoping & praying the original cut will at least get a dvd release. not sure if i want to pay to see the neutered version.

17. amit_imt2002's rating of the film Gangster Squad

This film delivers on it promise.Its a no holds barred fight between the good guys and bad guys in post WW2 Los Angeles. Full Review on my site http://t.co/LJawiyPN Mostlycinem.com where cinema and the rest of life collide!

18. msmichel's rating of the film Gangster Squad

Better than its reputation but still an archaic, revisionist take on somewhat recent history. Brolin and Penn make this a pleasure to take in even making up for a miscast and disinterested Gosling and Stone. Well shot by Dion Beebe that almost compensates for the lazy direction by Fleischer. Standout performance by Brolin that delivers on the machismo action hero and the man underneath with able support from Enos.

19. Jye Sherwell's rating of the film Gangster Squad

A classic setting with a contemporary score and contemporary cinematography. Strange, but it's entertaining and filled with likeable actors.

20. Greg S.'s rating of the film Gangster Squad

I think there's a strong possibility this movie will be bullshit.

21. Nelson's rating of the film Gangster Squad

Ryan Gosling, Josh Brolin and Sean Penn. When cast rhymes with class.

22. Tyler Aikens's rating of the film Gangster Squad

Haven't seen it but I'm not surprised at all the bad reviews. I mean, it's called GANGSTER SQUAD. Did it stand a chance at all with such a mindless, cliche title?

23. Christian Kieffer's rating of the film Gangster Squad

Wow, this was like watching a live-action cartoon.

24. mjgildea's rating of the film Gangster Squad

2 1/2 out of 5 stars. Gangster Squad falls somewhere between Mulholland Falls and LA Confidential, but a little closer to the former. Think L.A. Noir: The Movie. This could've been a lot better but I was expecting much, much worse. Speaking of worse, Sean Penn was pretty bad and that Matrix bullet-time shootout in the hotel lobby was an abomination. This movie was way more slick than it needed to be.

← Previous 1 3 4