1. FISCHER's rating of the film Garden of Evil

Western de qualité, d'une évidente sympathie qui plaira à tous, laissant un agréable souvenir au cinéphile occasionnel. Hathaway ayant souvent été un artisan habile... www.cinefiches.com

2. JonMB's rating of the film Garden of Evil

In a word. Bad. Cooper has a very uninspired performance as Hooker and Mitchell as Luke Daly was just plain bad. Widmark and Hayward had nice performances but it wasn't enough to save this one.

3. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Garden of Evil

Here's one of the most thoughtful westerns I've ever seen. In this film, there's a level for everyone. If you're just looking for a simple western, you'll find here the usual sceneries and mean Indians. But if you want to see in this film a reflection about Nature and Civilization, the all-American literary theme, don't count on me to stop you because I also noticed the importance of crevasses here. Masterpiece.

4. Karl J. Kipling's rating of the film Garden of Evil

I don't see why everything thinks this is so middling: Gary Cooper, Susan Hayward, Richard Widmark on a journey through surreal Apache-dappled Mexican landscapes in search of a fortune in gold, sharp script and direction, and an expert command of Cinemascope in its early days.