1. cherbourgdoll's rating of the film Garlic Is as Good as Ten Mothers

after this i went out and bought heaps of garlic

2. Aida's rating of the film Garlic Is as Good as Ten Mothers

3. Chichago_'s rating of the film Garlic Is as Good as Ten Mothers

It is an odd yet interesting topic to bring up as a documentary. Simple, yet versatile; garlic.

4. Landen Celano's rating of the film Garlic Is as Good as Ten Mothers

5. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Garlic Is as Good as Ten Mothers

Delightful squiggle about a precious resource.

6. yasdnil's rating of the film Garlic Is as Good as Ten Mothers

I want this entire movie tattooed all over my body. I want a big kitchen so I can make the world tons of food. I want to move to Berkeley and go to garlic festivals and sing garlic songs and wear garlic crowns. I want to hug Les Blank. (I'm slightly obsessed with garlic so this doc was a very emotional ride for me lol)

7. saptarshi's rating of the film Garlic Is as Good as Ten Mothers

berkeley is a piece of work

8. El Biffo's rating of the film Garlic Is as Good as Ten Mothers

Tasty film! I especially enjoyed seeing some of my favorite Berkeley eateries: Juice Bar Collective, Flint's BBQ, and Chez Panisse.

9. Michael A's rating of the film Garlic Is as Good as Ten Mothers

This documentary itself possess a delightful substance and guess what; it is because of the damn garlic.

10. E AP's rating of the film Garlic Is as Good as Ten Mothers

I ate two cloves of garlic: one halfway through the movie, and one immediately after.

11. Blumes's rating of the film Garlic Is as Good as Ten Mothers

I really enjoyed the little titles Les chose to put over certain scenes, because they served so many different purposes. They could be the location of the scene, an idea about what's in the frame that Les wants to share, a joke, or a closed captioning of whats being said on screen to convey importance or irony. Also, a little taste of Werner never hurts

12. Adam Z's rating of the film Garlic Is as Good as Ten Mothers

Blank is one of the few truly essential documentary filmmakers, and anybody aspiring to make documentaries, or to write non-fiction, needs to watch his stuff. Blank is, at least, of the same caliber as the Maysles Bros, Allan King Errol Morris, and Frederick Wiseman.

13. NICOLE86's rating of the film Garlic Is as Good as Ten Mothers

I never thought I would enjoy a hour long film about garlic, but I really did. Garlic is actually beautiful and the people that love it as much as they do more power to them.

14. Endless Eye's rating of the film Garlic Is as Good as Ten Mothers

Les Blank knows how to take something small, like Garlic, and then blow it up, to explore some bigger picture. He's nailed that whole micro-macro thing we obsess over in films. The viewer is steeped in the entire human process through something as simple as garlic: alienation, acceptance, celebration, culture, mythology, you name it. This is great!