1. smndvdcl's rating of the film GasLand

The fact that anti-fracking protesting is considered controversial is alarming. The effect that lobbying has had on US politics should no longer surprise, but the brutal reality hits home with these illuminating documentaries.

2. Kate's rating of the film GasLand

3. Dory Bakiewicz Ehmer's rating of the film GasLand

disappointed in the tone (bit too headbashing for the thoughtful people that will watch it); my husband enjoyed the dir's voiceover, which reminded him of Depp as Hunter S. Thompson. Thank goodness it exists to make the choir feel even worse, and *hopefully* to open the hearts & minds of the non-choir members, if they ever see it. enjoyed very much the banjo music.

4. The Boreal Chorus's rating of the film GasLand

Even if this doc were a poorly made one, I’d give it 5 stars, solely based on the importance of its content. Fortunately, it’s extremely well made, as well as being vitally important to our survival. Once again, in this age of corruption, ignorance, and arrogance, the mind is boggled by how so many people can be betrayed and discarded by the corporatocracy, and yet so many are not even aware that this is happening.

5. naokoken's rating of the film GasLand

Annoyed at first I got used to Josh Fox's style. Liked hearing "Zink" and other Machinefabriek pieces for part of the soundtrack. Read "A People's History of the United States" by Howard Zinn in 1985. Surprised then to learn of unethical medical experiments done on our citizens. Hopefully we keep a sense of humor and evolve beyond this kind of behavior. We all need "the most comfortable couch in the United States."

6. Joseph Hirsh's rating of the film GasLand

had me gripping the edge of the couch.

7. ericafae's rating of the film GasLand

so how is it possible that i had still never seen this film until just now? ESPECIALLY in that i somewhat know the mr fox from the NYC theatre scene. what an AMAZING, frightening, dramatic, important doc. a total accomplishment. bravo. (and yes. let's all do what we can to make sure fracking ends before we do.)

8. El Biffo's rating of the film GasLand

This unbelievably horrifying nightmare is a reality. The people who are doing this to our water/planet/lives should drink this water until they are too sick to frack anymore. All of the candidates for president of the USA (except for one, Bernie Sanders) are promoting fracking as something good. As Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton personally lobbied around the world to promote U.S. fracking interests globally.

9. David R Williams's rating of the film GasLand

It's hard to believe that noted war-criminal and face-shooter Dick Cheney could be made to look any more corrupt and sleazy but Gasland manages to do it. There's a special place in Hell for this bastard. "A grim study of how the push to drill for natural gas is turning vast swaths of beautiful American country into dangerous sludge dumps." - The Guardian.

10. Christopher DeNardo's rating of the film GasLand

Its a good movie with a great narrative thread. I would have like to seen more of the other side of the story, maybe that's in Gasland 2.

11. mpho3's rating of the film GasLand

Overlong and repetitive, Gasland still manages to provoke. The money shot comes near the end when Congresspersons DeGette and Hinchey grill industry lobbyists about the proposed FRAC Act, which would have revoked fracking's exemption from the Safe Drinking Water Act. (Unfortunately, the bill died in 2013). Takeaways: Filthy water cannot be washed nor dirty air. Also, Cheney is so much evil. 3.5 stars

12. Tom Gregson's rating of the film GasLand

13. Dan's rating of the film GasLand

Learned some about fracking and the Oil and Gas Industry and their lobbying efforts, but the film overall could use some polish. Still would recommend to people who want to learn about fracking and related topics.

14. OcioActivo's rating of the film GasLand

A documentary you wish it were fiction. The subject matter may seem like a drop in the bucket compared to other political and/or world problems but Josh Fox's personal anchor to hydraulic fracking and the film's mood elevates Gasland to be an enjoyable and informative doc.

15. Aaron Dillenbeck's rating of the film GasLand

Haunting and very informative. The editing is smooth and creates the desired emotions seamlessly. It is clearly a subjective documentary and it's impossible not to feel a certain way after watching. Great work from an amateur film maker.

16. MJR's rating of the film GasLand

It's long a little too crunchy but the subject is kind of alarming in its un-Americanness

17. Raymond Moreno's rating of the film GasLand

Soapbox warning: If anyone is still under the delusion that fracking is safe you should find a way to watch this documentary. And to my friends and family in Colorado and Wyoming, you really should watch this before drinking any well water.

18. globalposse@hotmail.com's rating of the film GasLand

This film should be mandatory watching for anyone who gives a care about anything. Crying shame its not fiction.

19. Samuel Wells's rating of the film GasLand

This film is far too reliant on the image of water being set on fire. It is shocking the first time, but this can be seen in promos or in shorter videos. It gets dangerously close to kitch until the directer steps back and begins to look at the landscape of the oil fields. These are beautiful scenes and the film should be commended for this. I wish the director would linger more on these moments.

20. Christian Reguitti's rating of the film GasLand

This movie (as its about as much of a documentary as reefer madness) saddens me greatly because I came in wanting to love it as I'm a strong supporter of renewable energy however it gives the absolute minimal amount of information about fracking and serves more as a shockumentary than anything. For the sake of wanting people to fight against natural gas good job, but for giving them useful information Fox was too sly

21. dschank's rating of the film GasLand

effective as a call for more oversight and regulation, but a bit undercooked as a critique of fracking. i'd have liked less sensational shots of burning sinks and a closer look at the environmental effects vs. oil (which is also an ecological nightmare). i'm beginning to suspect documentary filmmakers who constantly appear in their films of faking the funk on some level (even though i share this dude's concerns).

22. Ellen's rating of the film GasLand

Gasland is one of the more important films for environmentalists and people in general. It should stop any and all fracking once and for all. Everyone everywhere should watch it. And then beware when the companies come a calling with money in their pockets.

23. Albert's rating of the film GasLand

pretty entertaining, fascinating story obviously.

24. Caro_its's rating of the film GasLand

Really scary for our environment, I didn't realize the damage in the Usa. Fracking is forbidden in France for now, I want this forever. I wanted to make another trip in the Usa, I need to wait a while to digest all of these.