1. Renton47's rating of the film Gaslight

Gaslight is a drama played out on the faces. The way it captures Bergman's self doubt and vulnerability feels like an invasion of privacy, contrasted with Boyer's unwavering emotionless sadism. What's surprising is the way GL lingers on the sadism, the mystery and detective work neglected in favour of emotional torture. It's almost one-note - you begin with a feeling of uneasiness that only amplifies.

2. El Biffo's rating of the film Gaslight

3.5* Ingrid Bergman gets on my nerves. I was rooting for Charles Boyer the whole time. And her singing is horrible! If I have to see another one of her pictures I may be the one who goes mad. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . My new favorite line: "I'm gaslighting myself."

3. gaporama's rating of the film Gaslight

Loved it! Ingrid Bergman is fantastic in this one. The scene in which she confronts Gregory/Sergius is simply superb.

4. joaodias's rating of the film Gaslight

Falta ambiguidade, especialmente a Ingrid Bergman.

5. gld48's rating of the film Gaslight

Watched in mind of Phantom Thread. Incredible performance by Bergman. Beautifully shottoo.

6. Ryan Christopher Coleman's rating of the film Gaslight

this is one of the most violent cinematic experiences I've ever had

7. EdieEmm's rating of the film Gaslight

Gah. Hoping that the reviews here start shifting from "crazy" "neurotic" "innocent" to the less assholish and, ahem, gaslighting terms "traumatized", or, say, "victim of heavily gendered & socially reinforced patterns of control & abuse" given that it's FREAKING 2017, fellow Mubi ppl. Relevant as ever. Thematically, & for the timeless joy of watching teen Angela Lansbury! Strong film (despite standard silly ending).

8. Jeremiah Johnson's rating of the film Gaslight

Ingrid was a great actress. Its not her beauty but her humanity.

9. elenagallen's rating of the film Gaslight

I spent the whole film thinking they had miscast the leading lady. Another dame could have taken this to the next level. Strange enough, Ingrid Bergman stole the 1945 Oscar from no other than Barbara Stanwyck, who had given one of her most and one of film's most legendary performances in Double Indemnity. Mad world.

10. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Gaslight

I like this movie. I have seen the British version and I like that one too. I don't prefer one over the other. The story is involving and, in both cases, well told. Boyer probably gives the best performance in either film. Cukor gives the American version an MGM slickness but it works. However, neither is a great film and Bergman, touching as she is, did not deserve the Oscar over Stanwyck for "Double Indemnity."

11. BRÄTwurst's rating of the film Gaslight

12. FISCHER's rating of the film Gaslight

Rien de très folichon à première vue, ni de spécialement original et pourtant. Film inoubliable, construit avec une maîtrise totale, un sens aigu de la dramaturgie et une géniale prestation d'acteurs aux confins de la perfection. Morceau d'anthologie pour une vidéothèque idéale. A ne rater sous aucun prétexte ! www.cinefiches.com

13. grotesc's rating of the film Gaslight

14. Vickie Retallick's rating of the film Gaslight

Gaslighting... Ingrid Bergman, what a wonderful actress

15. Allison Rung's rating of the film Gaslight

Such good practice for Notorious (for Bergman). And fun to see 17-year-old Angela Lansbury tearing down the house.

16. Steve G.'s rating of the film Gaslight

Nothing good ever happened in an attic in a film.

17. smndvdcl's rating of the film Gaslight

Ahead of its time - a wonderful film.

18. Aardsy's rating of the film Gaslight

Me and my weakness for crazy ladies.

19. kit duckworth's rating of the film Gaslight

undercut by joseph cotten's savior role

20. Kamran's rating of the film Gaslight

Visually powerful, using light, shadows, and gas effused fog to bring mystery and eeriness to otherwise predictable fare. 83/100 - Great.

21. SpacePirate's rating of the film Gaslight

Very creepy atmospheric film, with Bergman giving one of her best performances. Joseph Cotten, is as usual, solid as a rock

22. Ben Cohn's rating of the film Gaslight

Pure film noir in all of the best ways, so much intrigue, melodrama and shadowy figures.

23. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Gaslight

24. Samuel Donath's rating of the film Gaslight

Did you know that the concept of "gaslighting" someone is a real thing? See it explored here. Good film. Such a sensitive and vulnerable performance by Bergman.