1. Jeremiah Johnson's rating of the film Gaslight

Ingrid was a great actress. Its not her beauty but her humanity.

2. elenagallen's rating of the film Gaslight

I spent the whole film thinking they had miscast the leading lady. Another dame could have taken this to the next level. Strange enough, Ingrid Bergman stole the 1945 Oscar from no other than Barbara Stanwyck, who had given one of her most and one of film's most legendary performances in Double Indemnity. Mad world.

3. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Gaslight

I like this movie. I have seen the British version and I like that one too. I don't prefer one over the other. The story is involving and, in both cases, well told. Boyer probably gives the best performance in either film. Cukor gives the American version an MGM slickness but it works. However, neither is a great film and Bergman, touching as she is, did not deserve the Oscar over Stanwyck for "Double Indemnity."

4. BRÄTwurst's rating of the film Gaslight

5. FISCHER's rating of the film Gaslight

Rien de très folichon à première vue, ni de spécialement original et pourtant. Film inoubliable, construit avec une maîtrise totale, un sens aigu de la dramaturgie et une géniale prestation d'acteurs aux confins de la perfection. Morceau d'anthologie pour une vidéothèque idéale. A ne rater sous aucun prétexte ! www.cinefiches.com

6. grotescsetorg's rating of the film Gaslight

7. Vickie Retallick's rating of the film Gaslight

Gaslighting... Ingrid Bergman, what a wonderful actress

8. Allison Rung's rating of the film Gaslight

Such good practice for Notorious (for Bergman). And fun to see 17-year-old Angela Lansbury tearing down the house.

9. Steve G.'s rating of the film Gaslight

Nothing good ever happened in an attic in a film.

10. smndvdcl's rating of the film Gaslight

Ahead of its time - a wonderful film.

11. Aardsy's rating of the film Gaslight

Me and my weakness for crazy ladies.

12. kit duckworth's rating of the film Gaslight

undercut by joseph cotten's savior role

13. Kamran's rating of the film Gaslight

Visually powerful, using light, shadows, and gas effused fog to bring mystery and eeriness to otherwise predictable fare. 83/100 - Great.

14. SpacePirate's rating of the film Gaslight

Very creepy atmospheric film, with Bergman giving one of her best performances. Joseph Cotten, is as usual, solid as a rock

15. Ben Cohn's rating of the film Gaslight

Pure film noir in all of the best ways, so much intrigue, melodrama and shadowy figures.

16. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Gaslight

17. Samuel Donath's rating of the film Gaslight

Did you know that the concept of "gaslighting" someone is a real thing? See it explored here. Good film. Such a sensitive and vulnerable performance by Bergman.

18. Beatrice Lorenzini's rating of the film Gaslight

19. Warren Spratley's rating of the film Gaslight

I could do without Cotten's helper male and the helper male ending, but when GASLIGHT is good, it's really, really good.

20. uiu's rating of the film Gaslight

the mind games parts os the story are absolutely well done and could make you feel very angry and impotent, but (no spoilers) the screenplay has some serious flaws that could bother you if you notice or question why.

21. Malik's rating of the film Gaslight

22. Hector Camero's rating of the film Gaslight

Bergman at her best. However, kind of let me down how every suspicious thing, the dissapearences, Boyer's intimidating attitude, where all about a bunch of diamonds, something they came out with just at the end. Boyer's presence as a villian is destroyed when he looks pathetic at the crucial time, hard to believe.

23. Francis's rating of the film Gaslight

Bergman's acting is consistently overwrought in this film.

24. NICOLE86's rating of the film Gaslight

If it wasn't for Boyer's sinister performance I do not think Bergman would have been as successful in her portrayal of a woman going insane. Boyer really got under your skin and creeped you out