1. Aardsy's rating of the film Gate of Flesh

2. PM's rating of the film Gate of Flesh

A very moist movie.

3. patchwork's rating of the film Gate of Flesh

4 prostitute, 4 stati morali, 4 colori. Attorno e dentro, il degrado. Strepitoso delirio cromatico, una libertà visiva e di rappresentazione totale. ****1/2

4. Odile~'s rating of the film Gate of Flesh

Drama de serie B que engloba trama policial, explotación sexual y más que evidente crítica socio-política. Nihilismo y reivindicación de los placeres carnales tienen lugar en esta obra de culto. ("¿Qué tiene la vida aparte de comida y sexo?", dice Shi, ladrón y ex soldado que convive con el pequeño grupo de prostitutas que figuran en el filme).

5. thivai abhor's rating of the film Gate of Flesh

Forced under contract to make a flesh film, while working under a prohibitive moral code, and turns out this fascinating film -- amazing!

6. jamshid's rating of the film Gate of Flesh

The portrayal of post-war Tokyo never seen so harsh on screen. That nihilistic dog-eat-dog world is what expected from a bold B-movie.

7. Alexandre Roy's rating of the film Gate of Flesh

A pretty ballsy movie, even more so in the 60's. I read that no Nikkatsu actress wanted to take part in the film because of the nudity and psychological violence so the studio had to hire outside help. It really makes you think women are just as savage as men. Suzuki makes zero compromise in this very bleak movie. I found it beautifully photographed too.

8. Lorna Singh's rating of the film Gate of Flesh

Unpleasant to watch.Yes,that section of post war Tokyo was chaotic and unbearable but I wish there was a character with some humanity.

9. Greg S.'s rating of the film Gate of Flesh

There is such a distinct sense of environment and place but no real sense of home. Suzuki brings the violence of this lifestyle to the forefront by depicting violence and sexuality being almost inseparable for these women. The code that they live by actually makes anything resembling real passion the girls' enemy. The girls affections for the soldier brilliantly signifies the damaged state Japan was in.

10. Barboza's rating of the film Gate of Flesh

The cinematography was incredible, the film was wild, angry and passionate. I Loved it.

11. TheCinemaAdventurist's rating of the film Gate of Flesh

12. Vodalus of the Wood's rating of the film Gate of Flesh

This is what film should strive to be.

13. Caden Cotard's rating of the film Gate of Flesh

A very interesting film, if not a great one. It has a very unconventional storyline: a group of prostitutes in postwar Tokyo take in a crazed returnee from the war. And they all fall in love with him, even though he’s a bit of an asshat. Whatever. The movie’s filmed and edited in a really revolutionary style, especially for Japan. But ultimately, the storyline can’t really hold up a full movie.

14. S ∀ N S Y Ξ U X's rating of the film Gate of Flesh

this is certainly my favourite suzuki film.

15. InsertOzuReferencehere's rating of the film Gate of Flesh

As Crap Monster (thr greatest screen name of all time) said before me, my favourite of Suzukis

16. Crap Monster's rating of the film Gate of Flesh

Easily my favorite work from Seijun Suzuki. His usage of color & lighting in this particular piece is quite astounding.