1. steeeeellaaaaa's rating of the film Gates of Heaven

really worth eating a shoe for!

2. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Gates of Heaven

Less about animals and more about people, this is a documentary exploring loneliness, connection, and finding meaning in life. The guitar scene on the hill gave me chills, I don’t even know why.

3. Drew Weaver's rating of the film Gates of Heaven

Wacky portraits. Morris draws depth and humanity from the simplest of sources.

4. Alex Mitici's rating of the film Gates of Heaven

mădăten cu ăştia ai tăi. morţii cu morţii, mă-sii cu mă-sii.

5. Flavia Dima's rating of the film Gates of Heaven

The best film I've ever seen - and it's a documentary. Of a haunting sensibility and grace.

6. Jason's rating of the film Gates of Heaven

It's all very fun, curious, and bizarre until the men of the Harberts family show up, and then it becomes as incisive a (fun, curious, and bizarre) portrait of a place, a people, and a time as is available in all of American cinema.

7. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Gates of Heaven

En primera parte "Gates of heaven" parece perfilarse a un filme sobre la moralidad del oficio: es el capitalista vs. el benefactor. En segunda parte se suma otro testimonio y entonces se abre una nueva ventana: la soledad. Finalmente, una tercera parte. Tres generaciones hablando en sus idiomas propios y en paralelo un grupo de deudos. Abuelo, padre y nieto son futuro, presente y extravío. Los deudos son a la muerte.

8. landscapenames's rating of the film Gates of Heaven

one of the best american films ever.

9. MandrewV's rating of the film Gates of Heaven

My #1 favorite movie. This movie touches me deeply every time I watch it. The part where Dan plays his guitar at full volume hoping someone across the valley can hear it and relate to it sums up life pretty well I think.

10. rado's rating of the film Gates of Heaven

The art of interviewing people and telling humane stories.

11. Michael Harbour's rating of the film Gates of Heaven

Fascinating to see each interviewee make their interview into the story they want to tell, often having little to do with the original topic of pet cemeteries.

12. Konrad Szlendak's rating of the film Gates of Heaven

13. Joel's rating of the film Gates of Heaven

I hate to easy it but Something in this just missed the mark. I wasn't as quickly captivated as with his other works. The concept was interesting enough and they're were moments of beauty I just felt there wasa few points that played into repetition and maybe if this film had been trimmed down more I would have derived deeper. But I do admit the soon jamming out over the valley was great.

14. Endless Eye's rating of the film Gates of Heaven

The subtle genius of letting people talk and knowing when to listen. This movie is bizarre, hilarious, and touching all at once.

15. il Maltese's rating of the film Gates of Heaven

I expected much more. Is it about the love for the pets or cemetery business? How American families make business? The topic is not clear and looks liked it takes a lot of things that could be interesting. 2nd Morris' documentary that I see and I didn't get him

16. Diogo Baldaia's rating of the film Gates of Heaven

a cada dia que passa apetece-me cada vez mais ver este filme

17. Kyle Lewis's rating of the film Gates of Heaven

Extremely disappointing and just plain boring.

18. Erik Villasenor's rating of the film Gates of Heaven

it's strange how someone can make such a profound film from such simple subject matter.

19. Dean Fernando's rating of the film Gates of Heaven

the famous film that ended up making Werner Herzog eat his own shoe.. there is nothing really more to say about this film that hasn't been written about or lamented enough already... this was simply one of the best debuts of a filmmaker in cinematic history...

20. Brennan's rating of the film Gates of Heaven

A spellbinding, deceptively understated documentary superficially about pet cemetaries, but in a larger sense about death, love, family, ambition, self-delusion, and, well, just about everything. It achieves more with its tiny budget and quiet, meditative style than any 100 million dollar blockbuster.

21. Filmy's rating of the film Gates of Heaven