1. corativ's rating of the film Gemma Bovery

Lots of bread-kneading. Some choking. What a modern and meta adaptation.

2. Ariel Rowan's rating of the film Gemma Bovery

fabrice luchini was really good. this is the sort of movie u eat fudge or boiled sweets with

3. smndvdcl's rating of the film Gemma Bovery

Arterton flourishes in provincial comedy dramas. This French, Flaubert appraising meta-narrative acts as a delightful companion piece to the adaptation of Simmonds' comic book middle-England satire, 'Tamara Drewe'. I wouldn't be surprised if she breaks the Hollywood A-list in the near future - certainly on the fringes. 3.5

4. Stephane Tanaka's rating of the film Gemma Bovery

5. Polyglot's rating of the film Gemma Bovery

Hot bread kneading scene, amirite?

6. Siaudebert's rating of the film Gemma Bovery

Excellent rewriting of Flaubert's Bovary - about phantasm fed by passionate reading and their effects on the spirit of bored people

7. Charlie Bury's rating of the film Gemma Bovery

At times it can be flawed, but never is it not charming or deeply lustrous. It is certainly at play with the temptation of our own desires. Poor old Fabrice Luchini. Gemma Arterton is perfect.

8. Vaida Kazlauskaitė's rating of the film Gemma Bovery

Low paced, silly and hardly credible characters, safe plot. My 3 stars go only for the ending

9. msmichel's rating of the film Gemma Bovery

Well cast solid film adaptation of the graphic novel by Posy Simmonds that reimagined Flaubert's 'Madame Bovary' in a modern setting. Performances vary but the two leads (Gemma Arterton and Fabrice Luchini) are both very good here. A solid construct but lacks the certain something to make it special. Stick with Sophie Fiennes' faithful version made recently for a modern take.

10. Cyril Schreiber's rating of the film Gemma Bovery

11. Sophie C.'s rating of the film Gemma Bovery

12. Enrico Gaudenzi's rating of the film Gemma Bovery

O si ama o si odia: pregi e difetti del cinema transalpino condensati in questa divertente film che ha anche il pregio di indicare una via per attualizzare un classico. Good

13. ninabelmondo's rating of the film Gemma Bovery

14. Artemis's rating of the film Gemma Bovery

Taking a leaf out of François Ozon's book- both charming and whimsical.

15. Annie Gentil-Kraatz's rating of the film Gemma Bovery

I loved this film. I am from Normandy and it was a real delight to see such a funny and nice story taking place there. Fabrice Luchini is excellent (as usual) and there is a great casting. Now I almost feel like reading the book Emma Bovary from Flaubert. It was not as entertaining when I tried to read it a few years ago... The film is much better. Great fun!