1. mootz15's rating of the film Genius

Suffers from all the typical stultifying conventions of a typical biopic but it's an earnest and touching story and the acting is top-notch.

2. pluviosity's rating of the film Genius

felt like filled with cutboard characters for a story that one cannot care more. Forget Jude Law in this. Guy Pearce as Scott Fitzgerald in his forgotten days, now *that* I would want to watch.

3. yaz's rating of the film Genius

interesting characters who struggle to carry the weight of the whole movie, but they barely can. The whole picture is suffocating from the limits of its run-time.

4. Dory Bakiewicz Ehmer's rating of the film Genius

Law was a miscast. Firth never took his hat off, why? Even at the dinner table. Bizarre

5. Cedric Pin's rating of the film Genius

Lindo filme. Texto e diálogos inspirados. Atuações primorosas. Belíssimos settings.

6. evolveris's rating of the film Genius

Too much 'acting'. But otherwise, there are some nice Thomas Wolfe quotes here and there, which in the end are the only reason these two little stars appear here.

7. Allison Rung's rating of the film Genius

With Jude Law as Matthew McConaghey as Thomas Wolfe.

8. Robert Burdock's rating of the film Genius

Being a fan of Hemingway and Scott Fitzgerald et al. I'm well aware of the contribution that legendary editor Max Perkins to the development of many great writers. So, against my better judgement I was excited about this film, and in the end I probably raised my expectations too high, and ended up somewhat disappointed. No fault of Firth, he's OK, but it's probably impossible trying to portray a former demi-god.

9. fearraigh's rating of the film Genius

An undercooked and misjudged mess of the sort that so often results when theatre directors cross over to cinema. The dialogue is surprisingly bad and overblown, given John Logan is a more than capable screenwriter. Jude Law is at his hammiest and is only the most discordant of a whole series of bum notes in the film. It also clearly looks a British approximation of America. Bad middlebrow stuff.

10. ali di pollo's rating of the film Genius

11. João Estevens's rating of the film Genius

2.5 classic doesn't have to mean boring. could have benefited with more scenes from kidman and linney, whom r really good.

12. Marjan Mar's rating of the film Genius

"The world needs poets... or why even live?..."

13. Ezgi M's rating of the film Genius

We have to make books cool again

14. corativ's rating of the film Genius

A buddy film for intellectuals. I hereby recognize that editors are important. This film, however, is not.

15. Jeremy Ashlyn's rating of the film Genius

16. OLIA SCARR's rating of the film Genius

17. Meriç Aksu's rating of the film Genius

18. Jorawantstoeat's rating of the film Genius

19. Filipe F. Coutinho's rating of the film Genius

A paint by numbers film about a fascinating subject. Genius could have really tapped into the essence of ego and its inevitable downfall, yet it feels like a series of interesting ideas that never come together. Grandage lacks the vision that this story needed.

20. Fırat Ataç's rating of the film Genius

2.5. Like a good TV movie.