1. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Genova

One wishes this film would just settle down and tell it's story instead of flitting around in a whirligig of murky lighting and choppy editing/camerawork. The characters aren't quite interesting enough to warrant surface detail alone. A lot of exposition if not narrative. Despite all that it's played with deftness.

2. Onbestendig's rating of the film Genova

3. Amadeus Magnus's rating of the film Genova

shocking opening scene is brilliant. rest is (neigh)boring totoro.

4. arlinda's rating of the film Genova

I wouldn't have guessed this to be a Winterbottom project. It's far more subtle than anything else I've seen by him. It works wonderfully and on every level. Barely a false note.

5. J. O.'s rating of the film Genova

A subtle (yet touching) story about a family in crisis living abroad. A little underwhelming at times, and much of its time was spent wandering in alleys instead of exposing the audience to more of the daughters' pass-times in their new, alien environment. Not exactly a necessary viewing, but certainly not a waste of time.

6. iremderici's rating of the film Genova

little mary is going to be a great actress. other than that the movie is not something mind- blowing. the narrow streets of genova kinda made me tense.

7. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film Genova

Winterbottom reminds us that there is nothing more dangerous and terrifying than crossing the street in Italy. Especially if you are a 9 year old girl from Chicago. Remember, fellow travelers: pedestrians are dead meat in the Belpaese.

8. micmac●'s rating of the film Genova

I liked the editing pace in this, very true to life.