1. Catherine Krummey's rating of the film Gentleman's Agreement

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Gentleman's Agreement

Sujet hautement brûlant voire tabou, aux States comme partout ailleurs, accusateur et dénonciateur de la médiocrité larvée de bien de nos affables concitoyens, qui valut à Elia Kazan, malgré une réalisation plutôt fort moyenne, un notable triomphe aux Oscars de l'année 1947... www.cinefiches.com

3. Nolan Barth's rating of the film Gentleman's Agreement

In today's day and age Elia Kazan's "Gentleman's Agreement" feels poignant and relevant. The message itself is still sadly very timely. However, I can't say the same for the movie itself. The whole film feels just so stilted and dated. Peck is good in the movie, but I couldn't help but feel that it is the same type of stoic role we always see him in. I just couldn't connect to the story or any of the characters.

4. SpacePirate's rating of the film Gentleman's Agreement

Probably the best post-war film about WW2, and one of Pecks defining roles. Kazan made many essential films, this one is one of his earliest. Check it out

5. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Gentleman's Agreement

8/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-20K

6. Stasya Korotkova's rating of the film Gentleman's Agreement

Oh come on! On top of everything the most fucked up thing about this film is the notion that an experience matters only when described by a white/christian/straight guy.

7. mpho3's rating of the film Gentleman's Agreement

Talking about that cutie Dean Stockwell: "You've only assured him he's the most wonderful of all creatures -- a white Christian American. You instantly gave him that lovely taste of superiority, the poison that millions drop into the minds of their children." Ironic that Revere and Garfield, whose characters fight the good fight in this film, became victims of Hollywood's shameful blacklist. Holmes is awesome.

8. mjgildea's rating of the film Gentleman's Agreement

2 1/2 out of 5 stars. Peck's character was a solemn, touchy and pious dick, not worth navigating through a mine field to engage. I would've loved to have seen this end with both Jews and gentiles hating Peck's character but I lost interest before I got halfway through. Points to John Garfield and Celeste Holm's characters/performances but beyond that I don't really care aside from its ultimate message.

9. Minu's rating of the film Gentleman's Agreement

A wolf disguised in a sheep returned to his pack. The keyword for this film is SHARPNESS.

10. Filipe F. Coutinho's rating of the film Gentleman's Agreement

And yet another example of a film from the Golden Era that would never be made by a big studio today. Man, these guys had balls and stood for something. They made people think. Now they make people dumb.

11. CREDERE OBBEDIRE COMBATTERE's rating of the film Gentleman's Agreement

anglo-saxon pretends to be jewish for a week so he can write an article about the prejudice jews experience. possibility of just getting an actual jew to write the article never occurs to anyone. zero stars

12. jeffreyreeser's rating of the film Gentleman's Agreement

I'm not used to getting hit over the head by brilliance this quickly or hard. I'm not used to it. Fuck you Elia Kazan, fuck you, you are too talented, your films are too timely and perfect rendered. I don't know what you guys are talking about. This film is not dated or preachy. Anti-semitism is still alive and well today-- imagine what it was like in 1940's America. Shit was rough. This movie had balls. (9.7/10)

13. fleur de chair's rating of the film Gentleman's Agreement

Yes, the film seems dated and at times preachy, but I think its central thesis is still relevant: That silence, apathy, and complacence is just as harmful as outright bigotry.

14. Brandon Isaacson's rating of the film Gentleman's Agreement

The book is excellent. It's hard to find nowadays...the film is pretty good, typical of Kazan and Hollywood, full of lofty speeches and the great white American male (of course Gregory Peck)...so while a bit annoyingly typical, still kind of interesting and inspiring. Laura Hobson's book is much more complex and doesn't have the typical characters like the film. Book also has an intriguing undercurrent of feminism

15. Jaspar Lamar Crabb's rating of the film Gentleman's Agreement

It's dated and more than a little didactic. But the acting is great...Peck, MaGuire, Garfield, et al are excellent

16. WhatsUpWill's rating of the film Gentleman's Agreement

I haven't cringed this much while watching a movie in a long time. Some great scenes and interesting themes, but way too preachy and stiff.

17. MarcH's rating of the film Gentleman's Agreement

I had forgotten how fine Dorothy McGuire is in this. I'm on her side...Peck's character is indeed a combative bore....his treatment of his secretary is grotesque. Celeste Holm is a psychopath...a whole noir could be built around her unstable character.

18. Franklinton Underground Cinema's rating of the film Gentleman's Agreement