1. ejonline's rating of the film George Harrison: Living in the Material World

I found this documentary to be somewhat informative, but ultimately a bit dry and bland. Given that Harrison was famous for his spiritual search, the movie lives up to (or down to) its title. It is focused on Harrison's experience in the material world with only passing references to some of the ideas Harrison was pursuing. Thus, it creates a pretty conventional, linear narrative that sticks to the surface level.

2. James Mackin's rating of the film George Harrison: Living in the Material World

Such an amazing and informative documentary. George Harrison is my favourite Beatle, and this documentary made me realize i love him much more than I thought I did. So thank you very much Martin Scorsese.

3. Louis Robert's rating of the film George Harrison: Living in the Material World

Ne connaissant presque rien de George Harrison, j'ai été surpris d'embarquer dans un trip spirituel fort intéressant. Quelques passages me traversent encore l'esprit de temps à autres, et je me rend compte que ce film m'a apporté beaucoup plus que du simple divertissement. Inspirant, ce George Harrison.

4. Mariana Basílio's rating of the film George Harrison: Living in the Material World

Way, way too extensive. Why are there so many useless details to george's personal life? He seemed like a real private fellow, so why use your documentary to violate his privacy? I wish it had a different kind of depth, which could open the door to george's personal recording style, how his producing and mixing mind works.I guess this is just marty proving me his documentary style is decaying quicker than his fiction

5. Francisco R.'s rating of the film George Harrison: Living in the Material World

George is my favorite Beatle, and I'm glad Scorsese made this huge effort to bring a monumental musician and human being to the screen in what is possibly the best documented portrait of him. Sadly, it is not a thorough portrait, as it skimps essential stages in his life -his childhood, his early progress in music- in favor of what the popular culture deems relevant of him. Still, it is beautiful and very moving.

6. Ryan Estabrooks's rating of the film George Harrison: Living in the Material World

Not as flashy as most docs, or even Marty's other docs. Because of that, I would recommend this to huge fans of George only. Me? I'm a huge fan!

7. Quesera,sera's rating of the film George Harrison: Living in the Material World

this documentary explained the reason why 'my sweet lord' song was very spiritual, alive, and connected

8. lndah's rating of the film George Harrison: Living in the Material World

You can see your enthusiasm fell off when you heard so much about a person but not George Harrison. There's so much to study about George. They can make this film 6-7 hours long still I won't get tired of him.

9. Diogo Pires's rating of the film George Harrison: Living in the Material World

10. Fabio Nosotti's rating of the film George Harrison: Living in the Material World

11. elstongunn's rating of the film George Harrison: Living in the Material World

Favourite documentary in the whole world

12. Rodrigues Costa's rating of the film George Harrison: Living in the Material World

George Harrison was an amazing person

13. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film George Harrison: Living in the Material World

It thoroughly covers in a chronologically way, the different phases of Harrison's career as musician, his private life and the ceaseless search for a spiritual side in himself. Full Review and Rating: http://alwayswatchgoodmovies.blogspot.com/2013/01/george-harrisonliving-in-material-world.html

14. Steve Pulaski's rating of the film George Harrison: Living in the Material World

Still contemplating watching this. Three hours on one Beatle? I would've thought a three hour movie could've been made on the whole band.

15. Suds McDuff's rating of the film George Harrison: Living in the Material World

I had no idea this was going to go for 3 and a half hours. I left the cinemas at about 12:30am. But it was completely worth it. Harrison is my favourite Beatle, so I'm obviously pleased that this film was made. Everything from the interviews to the photographs was fantastic and at times, even humorous.

16. aikeart's rating of the film George Harrison: Living in the Material World

17. msmichel's rating of the film George Harrison: Living in the Material World

Good but not great overview of George Harrison's life from Martin Scorsese who mined similar territory with the excellent Dylan biopic "No Direction Home" Felt the second half shortchanged his later career and the first offered no more illumination on the beatles than we've seen elsewhere. Some great concert footage from the seventies, some awfully frank interviews but still felt even at three plus hours very light.

18. missannie's rating of the film George Harrison: Living in the Material World

Alguien sabe en donde puedo conseguir ese documental? Vivo en México..

19. Guido Fierlbeck's rating of the film George Harrison: Living in the Material World

20. Charles Coleman's rating of the film George Harrison: Living in the Material World

Really insightful doc and this is coming from a Beatles fan who feels like he's seen it all. Good seeing his post-Beatles work get a spotlight.

21. codyhunter's rating of the film George Harrison: Living in the Material World

22. Brian Padian's rating of the film George Harrison: Living in the Material World

23. Ben Wheeler's rating of the film George Harrison: Living in the Material World

What a fascinating portrait into someone's life. What's more, into the unconventional life of the unconventional Beatle. It's the story of George Harrison's quest for meaning and his reconciliation of fame. Beautiful, haunting & tragic.

24. Nelson Núñez's rating of the film George Harrison: Living in the Material World

La película puede llegar a ser abrumadora en su ambición por contar la inabarcable personalidad del "más espiritual de Los Beatles". Disfruté mucho el tratamiento que se le da al triángulo amoroso entre Harrison, Patty Boyd y Eric Clapton.