1. Alex Pintică's rating of the film George Washington

3.5. "Man, I just wish there was one belief - my belief."

2. João Coelho's rating of the film George Washington

From the director of "Your Highness".

3. saitosouta's rating of the film George Washington

I always think who the hell is David Gordon Green? So I decide to start to watch all his works & I'm surprised that his first feature "George Washington" is delicately lyrical & deeply moving poet like Terence Malick's work. Youth in dusk-like daylife with suffocating reality & fantasy like nostalgie, innocence lost by a hatchet of the death, painful words George says "I want to be strongest hero."

4. Aardsy's rating of the film George Washington

Is this the subplot cut from MAGNOLIA?

5. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film George Washington

a touch sappy, but beautiful and engrossing

6. Gryn's rating of the film George Washington

This is one of my favorite films of all time. It's like a delicate spider web in the warm evening sun - you can appreciate its beauty, but try to touch it, take it apart, explain it - and it's gone. There are so many things here that you only see with your peripheral vision but never directly. This is how films should be made.

7. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film George Washington

8. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film George Washington

9. Ayinde Anderson's rating of the film George Washington

I really did not like this film for the first 30min, as it is undoubtedly rough around the edges. But there's something so raw about the film that I couldn't help but dive into it. Tim Orr did a wonderful job capturing the grit and independence of this community as well. As time extended in the film the more transfixed I became. "Have you ever been Baptized?" "Nah man, I ain't into that kinda stuff!"

10. Andrew Miller's rating of the film George Washington

Thrilling at first, but I remember feeling disappointed overall-- lyricism, but a studied and self-conscious lyricism.

11. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film George Washington

It’s an odd thing that a filmmaker who made this piece of beautiful poetry went on to make critically panned misfires such as the Sitter and Your Highness. Going of this though, Green has a powerful, human style that understand childhood and the feelings that are buried in there, with malickian lyricism and beating bare heart. It’s about a great American hero, and the people he wants to save.

12. Nikki Barnhart's rating of the film George Washington

Underrated. Perfectly atmospheric and affecting, definitely a favorite.

13. There Will Be Josh Schasny's rating of the film George Washington

A good first effort from David Gordon Green. Very inspired by Malick and even Larry Clark, the film presents a Southern Gothic story with beautiful cinematography and toned down acting.

14. Michael Garmonsway's rating of the film George Washington

excellent meditation on growing up and how we must lose parts of ourselves in order to grow.

15. FCC 86's rating of the film George Washington

"Maybe if no one would look after him, at least they'd look at him"

16. Comadozer's rating of the film George Washington

So supremely enchanting, harrowing and brilliant.

17. bartkl's rating of the film George Washington

An interesting story from the life of young oddball George, showing his clearly congenital heroism. The production is great: well-done camera work, nicely edited colors and above all a great soundtrack that defines most of the unique atmosphere in the film that's composed of realism and mysticism. Notable scenes are the painful bathroom scene and those at the end where George runs around in his hero suit. Good stuff.

18. dialupmodem's rating of the film George Washington

its a very specific thing this film does with its wide angle shots - its at its most beautiful when george is on the stage in the dinosaur mask. i just really liked it ahh!

19. Nikola Enchev's rating of the film George Washington

A very real story that perhaps feels familiar to too many people across the States. The only thing tangible thing on screen are the dilapidated remnants of dreams - of a future, of a present and even a past. What is lacking is a clearer sense of pace - the film could be edited 20 minutes shorter and it's simple story could be more vivid and captivating - currently it drags a bit too realistically.

20. Toby Ralph's rating of the film George Washington

Absolutely beautiful cinematography!

21. janh24's rating of the film George Washington

Gorgeous cinematography and some intriguing performances.

22. dunjatello's rating of the film George Washington

Beautiful screenplay and perfection in colour and scenography

23. Emily Avila's rating of the film George Washington

Really something. The characters in George Washington stole my heart, in a melancholy, dark, Vonnegut kind of way.

24. rainerfloo's rating of the film George Washington

Like a collaboration between Terrence Malick and Harmony Korine.