1. Cyril Schreiber's rating of the film Gerald's Game

2. Nick Schwab's rating of the film Gerald's Game

Despite the literal manifestation of the Moonlight Man destroying its grounded realism, Gerald's Game is deep in its metaphor of feminist liberation from male sexual aggression. While not reaching the nail-biting tension of Cortes' Buried, and despite its dramatic rhythm and emotional pacing being slack, with its dimension and potent dark humor, it's still an enduring effort.

3. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film Gerald's Game

The coda seems necessary, providing a point of catharsis. It underlines the central themes of abuse & survival, while also showing how the protagonist is finally able to accept that she wasn't to blame. The way the editing conflates the two abusers of Jess into one supposedly imaginary bogeyman figure, reinforces the idea, quite disturbingly, that some monsters are real. The performances & adaptation are impeccable.

4. Mariana Mara Nascimento's rating of the film Gerald's Game

3.5 | not here for that epilogue, however.

5. Danu Labda's rating of the film Gerald's Game

"you're only made of moonlight"

6. Luca Soldati's rating of the film Gerald's Game

7. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Gerald's Game

This goes from being the Cast Away of Kink to some confusing tale of abuse and endurance? I like how its shot and how Carla Gugino anchors it all, but I know I’m being generous. This is messy.

8. Aivaras_Z's rating of the film Gerald's Game

An unexpectedly intense yet very contained cinematic version of a novel deemed "unfilmable". By no means perfect, but holds the viewer on the edge of his/her seat almost the whole time with some themes of effects of mental abuse scattered throughout. Worth a look.

9. Bob's rating of the film Gerald's Game

Unlike most Stephen King adaptations, this one actually manages to be creepy and disturbing to a level that not reading the book feels like a major omission. Although effective and precise in its execution, in the end it seems like a long episode of some fashionable TV show - where quality of each episode makes previous episodes forgettable. Recommendable as a Netflix entertainment but far from cinema experience.

10. Balthaz21's rating of the film Gerald's Game

11. wiwitaek's rating of the film Gerald's Game

12. Rebeca Magnus's rating of the film Gerald's Game

I thought this movie was made in the 90’s until I discovered it was made on 2017. Didn’t find it as interesting as I thought I would. Not enough emphasis on the battle with one self I think. Weird characters, not compatible between eachother.

13. Tabikenezer von Higglesbloom's rating of the film Gerald's Game

im not reading the reviews on here but someone told me men were going off being dumb and wrong as usual when it comes to women-centered horror and i believe it bcs i knew they would as soon as it was over. i love women and i love how they rule all of low-genre cinema - which have and remain the only truly subversive arts. melodrama, made-for-tv, horror, soaps... reclaimed rightfully

14. jxn's rating of the film Gerald's Game

i really enjoyed this film up until the last 20 minutes or so. although i see the necessity for the epilogue it goes from being such a sharp thriller to a glamorous lifetime movie.

15. caddie's rating of the film Gerald's Game

Do you think that you really know someone you think you know? First part of the film was so powerful, so intense but then got too explicit. Worth a watch.

16. yuju's rating of the film Gerald's Game

Gerald's Game is one of those Stepehen King's books i got obsessed with when I was younger, it scared me a lot. The movie did not scare me, but unsettled me, made me want to stop watching and I thinks thats a good thing for a film like this. Carla was amazing , it has its flaws mostly towards the end but def recommend it!

17. surgery-ethic's rating of the film Gerald's Game

"Some memories battened onto a person's mind like evil leeches, and certain words could bring them instantly back to squirming, feverish life." (3,5)

18. João R's rating of the film Gerald's Game

Above all, the final moments, when Jessie face the physical embodiment of the agglomeration of the male degradation in her life, were so important - even if its execution was not impressive - to serve as a merited catharsis.

19. Marcelo Pereira's rating of the film Gerald's Game

20. Sara Gaspar's rating of the film Gerald's Game

21. spasmolytic's rating of the film Gerald's Game

Ending could have been better, and more dark, but I haven't read the book so. King is a master of doing the worst imaginable things to his characters. A trait I really envy. Slapping on a feel good, it's all better now ending, was the wrong move.

22. ig_____or's rating of the film Gerald's Game

That masturbation scene under the red eclipse was one of the creepiest things I've watched recently. We didn't need to have everything explained so clearly - even the Moonlight Man, who turned out to be a real -life serial killer - and I would have liked for it to end on a more somber/mysterious note... but it was fun to watch. (And Gerald was fiiiiiine for his age!)

23. DenoResandono's rating of the film Gerald's Game

I think I'm very lucky. Why? Because I didn't read its plot summary before watching this movie. And I think it's the right decision. At first - I thought GERALD'S GAME is like any other romance movie. A movie about husband and wife with their marriage problems. And I was wrong, TOTALLY WRONG. I forgot it's an adaptation from Stephen King's novel. GERALD'S GAME is one of the best movie of 2017. Carla Gugino nailed it!

24. Simone Giordano's rating of the film Gerald's Game

Storia originalissima. Tensione, odio, rancore, amore (?) Espressi egregiamente. Consigliatissimo.