1. FISCHER's rating of the film Germany in Autumn

Essentiel, mais hélas bancal ! www.cinefiches.com

2. EdieEmm's rating of the film Germany in Autumn

Holy shit! That's what went through my head from the 1st of those 123 minutes till the end. I don't know how they did it.. (w/ 10 directors!) To capture, offer entrance into, the complexity of the political moment, in a way - deeply nuanced but solidly unified - that forced my full intellectual & emotional engagement. Somehow (it's rare!) both earnest and sophisticated. Can't say enough. The Antigone bit was perfect.

3. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Germany in Autumn

An explosive comment on the effects of the RAF in the late 70s, this film doesn't particularly advance anything in its own right, serving more as a showcase of different views on familiar points, shifting from a tense autobiographical episode to freeform visual and auditory poeticism, morphing into something quite postmodern before settling into regular documentary format.

4. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Germany in Autumn

I didn't understand enough of the context to engage with this film-- probably would still struggle today. But it has stayed with me-- especially Fassbinder's contribution.

5. José Neves's rating of the film Germany in Autumn

The maximum of "stars" for Fassbinder's part, an extraordinary piece of autobiography. As good as Thomas Bernhard.

6. chillinonpluto's rating of the film Germany in Autumn

I reviewed my own review after watching it again, this time at Cinemateca Portuguesa. Seeing Deutschland im Herbst in 2015, in the midst of the current geopoltical crisis in Europe is quite an impressive experience.

7. Steve Macfarlane's rating of the film Germany in Autumn

One of the few (semi) successful attempts at the topical, Euro-centric omnibus film - nearly a decade after the format was scrapped by its jet-setting producers as financially underwhelming. The photography is uniformally gorgeous, much of it worth seeing alone as documentation of the era rendered.

8. Stephen Campbell's rating of the film Germany in Autumn

a film with plenty of reward for the patient viewer

9. Lefteris Becerra's rating of the film Germany in Autumn

rainer werner as lucid as the devil