1. Gonzelush Thompson's rating of the film Get Carter

Michael Caine is the supreme alpha-male in here. Iar mâna lui e mâna justiției! Un film foarte și foarte cool.

2. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Get Carter

In 2004 this was selected as the #1 British movie of all time by the British magazine Total Film. Really? I just watched it and I thought it was a little over the top, and without any socially redeeming qualities. Generally I think revenge movies are a waste of time.

3. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film Get Carter

4. Andre's rating of the film Get Carter

Carter (brilliantly performed by Caine) is the most nauseatingly off-putting anti-hero of all time, and Newcastle is unforgettably rendered as Hell on Earth. Great staging of action scenes by Hodges' too. Brutal, nasty but honest too.

5. DenoResandono's rating of the film Get Carter

A classic British gangster movie. Michael Caine is a gangster named Jack Carter who seeked revenge - on someone who killed his brother. Caine is a perfect actor to do this movie. He gave an electrifying performance as a cold, ruthless, and angry gangster. Mike Hodges' direction is amazing in his first feature film as a director. In my opinion, Get Carter is one of the best movie of 1970's. Absolutely classic!

6. ammar's rating of the film Get Carter

7. En Sangers Bøn's rating of the film Get Carter

An excellent thriller with Michael Cane at his best, in quest of truth. Manhunting and cold vengeance. Very british style in the polar genre, so a lot of fun, realisict ingredients, clever suspense and action.

8. itwstlnd's rating of the film Get Carter

could have been worse I guess

9. BernardoDiniz's rating of the film Get Carter

I love how he coldly watches the car sink with the whore inside the trunk.

10. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Get Carter

11. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film Get Carter

"What would Jesus say?" Well, I guess, Jesus wouldn't approve it. And this is exactly, what Jack Carter does not. No endorsement. No, not at all. Cool. Very cool. This is all about betrayel, child abuse, sex, drugs & revenge. 'Jesus' strikes back. Overall, the look alike, compared to the US is a bit 'amateurish'. And, the 'king of cool' title is, still, occupied. Good, but not good enough. Solid. 3,5 stars.

12. film_lies101's rating of the film Get Carter

Michael Caine: THE LEGEND begins here

13. cinegeek.de's rating of the film Get Carter

Get Carter ist "hard-boiled" und Michael Caine ist abgrundtief böse. Ich kann mir nicht vorstellen, dass solch ein Charakter überhaupt noch Platz findet im modernen Kino!(...) mehr auf cinegeek.de http://cinegeek.de/get-carter-1971-rating-88-omeu-dvd7418

14. Muraki's rating of the film Get Carter

15. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film Get Carter

On the surface, a post-modern transposition of a typical American crime drama onto the atypical landscape of England's bleak industrial north. The grit & grime of the place infects & infuses the standard film noir conventions with a level of violence & depravity rarely seen. However, beneath this surface, the film offers an insightful study on the futility of vengeance; as death stalks its characters, like a shadow.

16. HSBilly's rating of the film Get Carter

michael caine was fantastic.

17. Gabe's rating of the film Get Carter

There's a reason Michael Caine is Christian Bale's butler. After getting pinched with a rap sheet a mile long he had to strike a deal, and that entailed witness protection in America. Cleaning up after Batman allows him to vicariously relive his violent glory days. Ray Liotta could only have dreamed of such a sweet deal.

18. Alexandre Roy's rating of the film Get Carter

I'm used to seeing Michael Caine as the polite, mild-mannered gentleman, but damn does he pack a punch in this. I expected something a little lighter too. It's a pretty bleak film, especially the second half when Carter goes on a rampage. Loved the shots of North East England too. By the time the movie ended I felt drained, but in a good way.

19. DanOffen's rating of the film Get Carter

Great Caine performance. Not what I was expecting, very bleak and occasionally moving.

20. Droog811's rating of the film Get Carter

Cold and bleak like a rainy English day. Michael Caine is fantastic in this as a mobster who goes on a killing rampage to find out who killed his brother. Has a great finale that makes the whole film that much better.

21. Dombl's rating of the film Get Carter

This is really style over substance, but this works great for the movie, which creates a real atmosphere of vengeance. And Michael Caine really goes nuts!

22. MarcelVonPure's rating of the film Get Carter

23. c5000's rating of the film Get Carter

Not bad, but i can't find any particular reason why it has become so famous.

24. Cláudia Duarte's rating of the film Get Carter