1. Monasteries's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

I told myself I'd hate this, but holy shit that was exquisitely shot and is a landmark film of the genre for its visuals alone (the deep dive scene being a revolutionary approach to hacking imo). Like, it gives me faith that there could be a Neuromancer film done well (whose plot is much more suited to live-action). That being said, **terribly** written and my eyes didn't stop rolling despite decent plot additions.

2. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

Visually outstanding, not so much more

3. Elanor's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

Not even close to the original. The story is shallow as it is a standard Hollywood sci-fi film.

4. skoog's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

a h-wood remake of a film that has been remade in h-wood for the last 20 years, I don't think so.

5. Bilouaustria's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

Good casting idea : since "Her" and "Under the Skin", we kind of accepted that Scarlett Johansson is basically a robot without body. I usually don't like big blockbusters played in front of a green screen but it's here partially justified by the script and the visual result is stunning. So we got an entertaining first hour before Hollywood's dark side takes over. The last bit is a mess. Still a pleasant surprise.

6. PeterK94's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

Frankensteins the surface level characteristics and plot from previous GitS films/shows without understanding why those elements worked. Attempts to hide the seams with some first-semester philosophy.

7. Pango's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

Defitinively flawed, I felt like something was missing, but crafted and visually mesmerising.

8. Fevz's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

It's story is shallow, even tho it copies 60% out of the original it is still nowhere near the original masterpiece. The scene with the spider robot tank was a real disappointment for me.

9. hubertguillaud's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

La transposition assez fidèle du manga en film semble avoir oublié qu'un manga n'est pas un film. Sanders édulcore l'important et augmente l'inutile. Le côté sombre devient pop. Le découpage des planches devient des ralentis. Dramatiquement, il ne reste qu'un enchaînement de scènes de fusillades sans intérêt. Sous l'esbroufe des effets spéciaux, on s'emmerde.

10. _varela_'s rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

11. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

**1/2. So beautiful but still a bubble. A drawing made by a child. Already forgotten.

12. bulgrin's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

Visually stunning, but no story at all. Also, great actors are wasted here.

13. DenoResandono's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

This Hollywood version of GHOST IN THE SHELL is not bad as some people said. I know this movie kinda messed up the original source. Maybe this decision would make some fans of the anime mad. Well, I still get entertained with this movie. GHOST IN THE SHELL is thrilling and entertaining. It's less philosophical than the anime. But GHOST IN THE SHELL still a pretty good sci-fi movie. Overall, it's still worth to watch.

14. Adham T. Fusama's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

15. nadnab's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

16. babycakesromero's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

a shell of a movie haunted by the ghost of blade runner & the matrix & its own source material. johansson is mostly ridic most of the time & its just kinda flat throughout.

17. Kornovska's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

Film intéressant. Les images sont magnifiques et fidèles au dessin animé. On comprend mieux l'univers, en particulier les relations entre les personnes, si on a vu l'animé ; par contre, on peut facilement être déçu par le film si on l'a vu! Le film de 1995 est plus profond, alors que celui de 2017 est plus simple, s'adressant à un public plus large. Je le recommande. Isolément, c'est un très bon film de SF.

18. Fabio Di Felice's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

Secondo me non è malaccio, è vero che resta in superficie di tante questioni e che è super derivativo (ma non poteva essere altrimenti), però si segue senza particolari strappi, il design dei nemici è fantastico e Scarlett mi è sembrata in parte. Il problema grande è che le scene d'azione sono piattissime, che in un film di questo tipo è una rogna mica da poco.

19. Scorpio Velvet's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

An awesome, yet visionary remake of an anime classic. I'd believe the future would highly look like this one day still, and after all do you have a ghost in you?

20. runfromfire's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

2.5 Stars. Gorgeous but boring. The original's story was sorta present but was severely gimped by Americanization ("Hey let's explain every little subtle nuance") and PG13inization ("Hey, let's make this as mass marketable as possible"). It was entertaining enough as mindless action schlock but that's going against everything that the original was.

21. João R's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

Tough shell, vacant ghost. A pleasant journey to look at but that has nothing more profound to offer. Very blank while somewhat entertaining.

22. Levi Miah's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

Pretty much just a 90s Sy-Fy original but with a ridiculous budget. Michael Pitt, strangely, follows the exact same character arc as Anakin in Episode 3, including limb loss and hood. It might've been okay were the dialogue not the worst dialogue in a film this century. Music, visuals and pacing were pretty solid. Also, record for the most references to a film's own title? It even comes up twice at the start...

23. Joana Carolina's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

Can i be honest here? Scarlett looked damn hot. Huge futuristic mess. Is that much more to say about this adaptation? Maybe that it is visually so intricate and beautiful: kudos to the art director, and the camera guy... My overly nice rating only goes to the scenery and lighting. For me it isn't worth seeing. Unless you want to be turned on or find yourself feeling fat and ugly in comparison to the miss Johansson.

24. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

I appreciate how visually striking this is. Rupert Sanders's vision doesn't seem to want to stray far from the 1995 masterpiece that Mamoru Oshii gave us (in a good way); however, you can tell that this vision wasn't fully realized in the final cut. With flat action editing and a dumbed-down story, this live action remake showcases as many faults as it does successes.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7