1. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

**1/2. So beautiful but still a bubble. A drawing made by a child. Already forgotten.

2. bulgrin's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

Visually stunning, but no story at all. Also, great actors are wasted here.

3. DenoResandono's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

This Hollywood version of GHOST IN THE SHELL is not bad as some people said. I know this movie kinda messed up the original source. Maybe this decision would make some fans of the anime mad. Well, I still get entertained with this movie. GHOST IN THE SHELL is thrilling and entertaining. It's less philosophical than the anime. But GHOST IN THE SHELL still a pretty good sci-fi movie. Overall, it's still worth to watch.

4. Adham T. Fusama's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

5. nadnab's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

6. babycakesromero's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

a shell of a movie haunted by the ghost of blade runner & the matrix & its own source material. johansson is mostly ridic most of the time & its just kinda flat throughout.

7. Kornovska's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

Film intéressant. Les images sont magnifiques et fidèles au dessin animé. On comprend mieux l'univers, en particulier les relations entre les personnes, si on a vu l'animé ; par contre, on peut facilement être déçu par le film si on l'a vu! Le film de 1995 est plus profond, alors que celui de 2017 est plus simple, s'adressant à un public plus large. Je le recommande. Isolément, c'est un très bon film de SF.

8. Fabio Di Felice's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

Secondo me non è malaccio, è vero che resta in superficie di tante questioni e che è super derivativo (ma non poteva essere altrimenti), però si segue senza particolari strappi, il design dei nemici è fantastico e Scarlett mi è sembrata in parte. Il problema grande è che le scene d'azione sono piattissime, che in un film di questo tipo è una rogna mica da poco.

9. Scorpio Velvet's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

An awesome, yet visionary remake of an anime classic. I'd believe the future would highly look like this one day still, and after all do you have a ghost in you?

10. runfromfire's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

2.5 Stars. Gorgeous but boring. The original's story was sorta present but was severely gimped by Americanization ("Hey let's explain every little subtle nuance") and PG13inization ("Hey, let's make this as mass marketable as possible"). It was entertaining enough as mindless action schlock but that's going against everything that the original was.

11. João R's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

Tough shell, vacant ghost. A pleasant journey to look at but that has nothing more profound to offer. Very blank while somewhat entertaining.

12. Levi Miah's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

Pretty much just a 90s Sy-Fy original but with a ridiculous budget. Michael Pitt, strangely, follows the exact same character arc as Anakin in Episode 3, including limb loss and hood. It might've been okay were the dialogue not the worst dialogue in a film this century. Music, visuals and pacing were pretty solid. Also, record for the most references to a film's own title? It even comes up twice at the start...

13. Joana Carolina's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

Can i be honest here? Scarlett looked damn hot. Huge futuristic mess. Is that much more to say about this adaptation? Maybe that it is visually so intricate and beautiful: kudos to the art director, and the camera guy... My overly nice rating only goes to the scenery and lighting. For me it isn't worth seeing. Unless you want to be turned on or find yourself feeling fat and ugly in comparison to the miss Johansson.

14. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

I appreciate how visually striking this is. Rupert Sanders's vision doesn't seem to want to stray far from the 1995 masterpiece that Mamoru Oshii gave us (in a good way); however, you can tell that this vision wasn't fully realized in the final cut. With flat action editing and a dumbed-down story, this live action remake showcases as many faults as it does successes.

15. NICOLE86's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

There is something completely fucked up about a Japanese brain going into a white robot.

16. Dalga Maris's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

3,5 it was enjoyable anyway, Scarlett Johnson :)

17. N!'s rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

Better on a rewatch, surprising quality to it - Batou and Major's relationship is the highlight to me together with the surprisingly strong images and visual aesthetics.

18. João Rocha's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

There's no rhythm in this...

19. merzka's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

Made me want to give Oshii a comforting hug.

20. Anna Filodor's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

it gets better after Michael Pitt shows up

21. Ghostman's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

Nice try but no cupcake. The film feels thematically confused and artistically compromised due to studio constraints. It is very beautiful looking, I must say. Also, isn't it weird how it's essentially about the cultural appropriation of itself? I don't it works in the way it thinks it does.

22. THE APOLL0's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

Adaptation of what feels to be a previous work of masterpiece whose ghosts if you will linger on in a production that happens to posses a blockbuster budget.

23. IKB 191's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

It does eliminate all the philosophical part and turns Major Motoko in just one of the other super hero out there. The movie lost its ghost.

24. Adam Cross's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

I tried to be objective and see this with fresh eyes, but it's the most lifeless, sterile adaptation I could've possibly imagined. I think some things just aren't meant to be given the live-action, western white-wash treatment. I will try my best to forget this as quickly as possible.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7