1. Zach Closs's rating of the film Ghost In The Shell: The New Movie

Much has been made of Kusanagi's character in "Arise" and "The New Movie." In keeping with the overhauled punk rock style of both the film and the series, she's flawed, flirty and reckless. I'd never have expected it to work, but the film only threatens to drag when she's absent. I'm admittedly a nut for the franchise, but I found plenty to like here, even if the original's greatness remains far, far away.

2. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Ghost In The Shell: The New Movie

I discovered it only because I made a mistake while ordering 'Ghost in the Shell'. I thought I had bought the original 1995 film. Now as a dilettante in the manga world, I must say that it's impossible to understand the plot of this film if you're not familiar with the story. And it's too bad. Already forgotten.

3. Joao Francisco Pinho's rating of the film Ghost In The Shell: The New Movie

4. chickenwing's rating of the film Ghost In The Shell: The New Movie

"There's nothing sadder than a puppet without a ghost." I think "The New Movie" falls victim to the "more cowbell" style of... basically everything that is taking over... um everything. As the quote from the original says above, I think the new Ghost in The Shell is a louder and quicker(wait for it), shell of the first.

5. Victoria L.'s rating of the film Ghost In The Shell: The New Movie

Lacks the sophistication found in the 90's movie and Innocence, but it's loyal to the series, so no complaints.