1. Karina O.'s rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

I guess it wasn't really my genre. Too slow for my taste...

2. mayainmotion's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

In the land of "Torukia” Words fall to become the sand Did you see the sea? Did you see the sea? Guided by the waterway of thought A proud spirit walks a proud road A humble sprit walks a humble road And between the two The fog breaks over the flat land And a song that cannot be heard dries out those two spirits In the land of "Torukia” Words fall to become the sands

3. aedey's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

4. Tamás Rolfesz's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

5. ig_____or's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

All the backstage game of diplomatic relationships, conspiracies and deceit between governments, secret agencies and Sections was a bit lost on me. I'll have to watch it a second time, even to better grasp what the heck the Puppet Master was/stood for. Nevertheless I enjoyed the animation style and pulse of the film. The musical moments of contemplative doom and gloom were stronger than the action scenes.

6. Samuel Righi's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

7. Daniel Roque's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

Best invisible fight choreography in anime ever.

8. ejonline's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

Having watched both the dub and the subtitled version of this, I think watching the dub is helpful. There is so much more information provided in the dub that helps flesh out some of the backstory. Perhaps you can watch the subtitled first and then the dubbed? The narrative is clunky at times, but there are existential musings about technology and big guns blowing things up, so it checks off a lot of boxes.

9. Bruna de Moura's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

sorry not my jam cool soundtrack tho

10. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

11. F/K's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

Animated Blade Runner, but very well executed and thought-provoking

12. DenoResandono's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

To me, GHOST IN THE SHELL is kinda hard to follow at beginning. I was lost a little bit. After a few minutes, I could follow its storyline. GHOST IN THE SHELL is intriguing, thrilling, and well-written. This movie is also philosophical. It's quite interesting. Because GHOST IN THE SHELL succeed to bring such a complex storytelling in short runtime. I loved its idea about humanity and existential theme. Entertaining!

13. Poor Margo's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

14. Cependant's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

Portraits balade d'immeubles.

15. The Mayor Of Hell's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

16. yesim.tuba's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

Body and definition of life, in a row. Universe is trying to tell me something :) I'm interested in the discussion the movie provokes. But if the plot is like that, I'd rather read them in an article.

17. Achromia's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

18. Nicole Richie's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

19. Sacha Raphard's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

Nom de Dieu merci à l'animation japonaise pour Akira et ce film pour leur ambiance morne à couper au couteau et leur esthétique. L'histoire se perd dans des trucs diplomatiques pas forcément nécessaire mais l'ensemble est tellement beau et étrange que c'est impossible de ne pas tomber sous le charme.

20. HKFanatic's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

Twenty years later, it's not difficult to see why "Ghost in the Shell" continues to linger in the imagination: Mamoru Oshii has a way of making both ultra-violence and his half-flooded future city look beautiful, and the Major remains an enigmatic protagonist - her "am I a cyborg who dreamed she was a woman or a woman who dreamed she was a cyborg?" conflict even more compelling in our increasingly digital era.

21. naobot's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

gynoids just wanna have fun against beautiful hong kong backdrop

22. A.B. II: The Return's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

While I think I get what draws people to this film, I personally found it to be a frustrating watch. Its universe is poorly realized, with loads of unexplained in-universe jargon and awkward exposition. Consequently, the plot is hard to follow, or even care about. Any deeper ideas it presents are minimally explored, don't seem to impact the story, and just feel shoehorned in to make the film seem more "grown-up."

23. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

24. Alin Negutoiu's rating of the film Ghost in the Shell

Visually stunning and philosophically impressive, but the ending feels underwhelming.