1. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Giant

A bore. It has no dramatic impetus. You follow this family throughout its history without irony, without momentum. The climaxes are incidents only. James Dean gives the best performance.

2. Harriehhh's rating of the film Giant

A boring, overbloated film that's more troubling than romantic in its presentation of Texan ideology. I can't believe anyone would or could still champion this as a great film. Really it's only purpose now is to underscore the late James Dean's career as a brooding 50s heartthrob who died tragically young. The rest is tedious, dated and shameful.

3. Filipe F. Coutinho's rating of the film Giant

Giant may have some classic moments that ultimately make its viewing worth it, and James Dean shows he was clearly ahead of his time. Still, Stevens can't handle the material which is not particularly great to start with. Giant deserves its status as a classic, but hardly its status as a masterpiece.

4. YEOP!'s rating of the film Giant

I loved James Dean in this film to bits. I would rewatch it again only watch him play Jet. a real piece of work in his career.

5. the prince's rating of the film Giant

I guess this is what a Hollywood big studio should look like: Mega stars, Hudson, Taylor and Dean - but the makeup and transportation of time are not very convincing - I wish I liked it more - but Five Easy Pieces was a lot more interesting and human. . .

6. bulgrin's rating of the film Giant

Without Dean this wouldn't be interesting, and it's definitely too long.

7. msmichel's rating of the film Giant

Stevens' majestic direction tries turning the Edna Ferber novel into something epic but winds up an overindulgent and overlong film salvaged by a trio of lead performances at odds with each other. Wide screen lensing by William C. Mellor is memorable even though the soap opera dialogue isn't. A product of its times that doesn't hold up well now.

8. SpacePirate's rating of the film Giant

A "giant" film, but also quite uneven. Dean, however, gives a fine final performance. The scene of him drunk and alone in the empty room where he gives the speech sticks with you.

9. Michael Peer's rating of the film Giant

It's rare for such a grand, sprawling film to hit on such an intimate, personal level. Stevens is a master of garnering beautiful, human performances. As big as this film is, the moments that hit the hardest are it's quietest. The film is not without it's flaws: far too long, questionable flow, and a weak ending. One of James Dean's best performances.

10. ‏ㅤ's rating of the film Giant

I would have fainted too, Elizabeth. Barbarism begins at home.

11. knockkneed's rating of the film Giant

pitiful thing, but props for the storm in Austin

12. Malik's rating of the film Giant

Overlong and undercooked with an interesting side performance from James Dean. It's interesting from the stance of being a history of white affluence and white whine.

13. Stephen Campbell's rating of the film Giant

I must have misssed something because i enjoyed Giant a hell of a lot .all three leads are fantastic and George Stevens is on top form here

14. Ben's rating of the film Giant

A beautiful, sprawling, Texas epic.

15. Roscoe's rating of the film Giant

Painfully overlong, under-written and over-convinced of its own importance. Some fine location cinematography and some fine performances can't quite make it all add up to very much beyond some very good intentions that go on and on and on and on.

16. pluviosity's rating of the film Giant

my oh my. at the end, the film was a one big damn hard. PALM. IN. THE. FACE. all stars for James Dean only.

17. Emma Joye's rating of the film Giant

A lot more than just a lovestory. The acting is perfect and even if it's a little long, it's definitely one of my favourite movies.

18. liesbet vanessche's rating of the film Giant

A wonderful performance! (love dean's mustache!) I like how they stand up for the mexican folk in this movie, a very daring subject.

19. Howard Orr's rating of the film Giant

Only enlived when Dean is on the screen. Him playing a middle aged man is a cruel reminder of what cinema has missed with his early death. Instead we were stuck with the likes of Rock Hudson, the only actor whose acting style matches his first name.

20. João Eça's rating of the film Giant

this film is really really really tedious and bad

21. Harry Rossi's rating of the film Giant

Well I'm impressed. The cinematography, the acting, the story are all epic.

22. Laura's rating of the film Giant

Epic is the right word for this, but it doesn't make it a great film. The three stars of the film, Rock Hudson, Elizabeth Taylor and especially James Dean made Giant worth watching. Worst ending I've seen in a while, too.

23. kyeo's rating of the film Giant

24. Mikhael Tarigan's rating of the film Giant

Yes, it’s an epic giant film. I just wish the story is more controlled.