1. ejonline's rating of the film Giants and Toys

(Saw a while back) This is a fast-paced satire on Japanese corporations and consumers. Although produced during the beginning of Japan's economic "miracle" the film is not celebratory. Rather, its goal is to show that behind the shiny surface of material goods and sweets things are clearly sour. The bright colors and go-go spirit keeps things moving, so it is not a moralistic lecture. And everybody has dirty hands.

2. Odile~'s rating of the film Giants and Toys

«Esto es Japón o trabajas duro o mueres»

3. Eugene Kotlyarenko's rating of the film Giants and Toys

Great satire of manipulative business/entertainment culturel cuttthroat wins at any prices. akin to Sweet Smell of Success A Face in the Crowd Ace in the Hole Although not exactly on par with them. The Photographer here is awesome; the business meetings are good, lots of hilarious things and the female lead's teeth killed me. The montage sequences double exposed with a faulty lighter were quite memorable too.

4. Karl J. Kipling's rating of the film Giants and Toys

One of the greatest satires ever made, from one of the countries least able to see itself in a satirical light.

5. Sudipto Basu's rating of the film Giants and Toys

It gets so I wait for the moment when someone's going to light a cigarette.

6. Viktor Pedersen's rating of the film Giants and Toys

Funny and social relevant portrait of how businessmen will do anything to get money and power. Social satire that points out how our need for money takes away our freedom, and can rob us of our human dignity. Values and modest ways of life are things of the past.

7. Berjuan's rating of the film Giants and Toys

The themes in this film feel very current. The third act was great, a very strong closing.