1. Iulia Antonache's rating of the film Gilda

2. MiloBOK's rating of the film Gilda

A wonderful film noir featuring a great performance from Rita Hayworth.

3. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Gilda

7.3/10, my review: https://wp.me/p1eXom-3aB

4. tealeaves's rating of the film Gilda

I sort of liked watching it, but I find it horribly chauvinistic and grim. Gilda's witty and talented, but this distracts you from the fact that she has no real insights or agency - she always has a voiceover from Johnny, explaining her for us. A depressing and limiting role for the lovely, intelligent Rita Hayworth.

5. SiIencio's rating of the film Gilda

Rita Hayworth is the only ray of sunshine in this otherwise weak noir where Glenn Ford does not stand up to his co-star and the plot is mostly confusing, obscure and unconvincing. Whilst Hayworth and Ford were struggling for chemistry, Bacall and Bogart were firing up each other not far away. Rita is here in her arguably most iconic role in what seems to have been a discreet filmography.

6. Charlotte Tillieux's rating of the film Gilda

7. Pango's rating of the film Gilda

8. Belle Ombre's rating of the film Gilda

perhaps the most beautiful noir ever made

9. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Gilda

Glenn Ford does well in the male lead role, but Gilda is all about Rita Hayworth, and what a shining presence she is. It is easy to see why men would fall in love with her, and just as easy to see the peril involved, but also the rewards. A fantastic drama that only really suffers from a lack of weight, with the main actions of the film never truly feeling as if they will lead to proper consequences.

10. McOpinionated's rating of the film Gilda

Very famous, and famously infused with an high degree of oblique eroticism. This is a much more edgy film than contemporary, romantic Casablanca. No jokes. A bit arch.

11. Ramzi's rating of the film Gilda

*Carmella Soprano voice* Billy Budd is not a homosexual book!

12. Michael's rating of the film Gilda

Woderful Noir - all I knew previously about Gilda before were the movie promo posters being put up by the guy in The Bicycle Thieves when his bike gets pinched.

13. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film Gilda

Rita Hayworth is so magnetic and charismatic, it's impossible to imagine another woman like her even exists. The film is good. The whole subplot involving the Germans and tungsten is a bit... boring. The exotic locale of BA is never imagined like Morocco is in Casablanca. But with fun tunes, interesting characters and slow, watchful cinematography - Gilda is a treat.

14. Ayesha Casely-Hayford's rating of the film Gilda

no wonder we women have such an uphill struggle in this world. The storyline is all over the place. Poor Gilda.

15. AugusteB's rating of the film Gilda

Very enjoyable to watch Rita Hayworth and Glenn Ford sparkle with the help of an excellent script and brilliant directing.

16. petit astronaute's rating of the film Gilda

(3.7 | copie 2K restaurée)

17. Gia de Almeida's rating of the film Gilda

I loved this, my only problem is that the ending felt very rushed. But isn't Rita just magnetic?

18. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Gilda

Has there ever been an entrance like Rita Hayworth's in this movie? Flipping her hair back like that! It's just not fair. That's love at first sight. Of course she's always being mistreated and slapped around, but at least she knocked out a couple of Glenn Ford's teeth!

19. gld48's rating of the film Gilda

Literally no scene in the daytime. Constant eveningwear. Rita's hair. It's a swell picture. Now scram.

20. Michel's rating of the film Gilda

21. wiwitaek's rating of the film Gilda

22. Thomas's rating of the film Gilda

23. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Gilda

24. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Gilda

It's a film about power. Throughout, the hands are constantly switching, the odds always in another's corner, much like gambling itself. The power fluctuates from one possessor to the other, always in the hands of those who abuse it in the end. It's pretty cynical, despite the happy ending, which really doesn't seem that happy when you think about it.

← Previous 1 3 4