1. Blue Roses's rating of the film Gimme the Loot

2. Superfrog's rating of the film Gimme the Loot

I could swear time went by by I can't seem to remember anything noteworthy.

3. The Ceramicist's rating of the film Gimme the Loot

Beautiful and compelling - I didn't take my eyes off the screen, and loved the little twists and pace and rawness of the characters & dialogue. All that said, I felt a little unsatisfied when it ended - as if it was just a text-book case in crafting a film with good dialogue and characters that couldn't commit to making the social statement it seemed to hint at and then retract throughout.

4. reece's rating of the film Gimme the Loot

MUBI! you are on a very slippery slope! firstly I never see films by black directors on here. Then you add this! A film where the black leads calling each other NIGGERS in most scenes written and directed by a white director. This film is garbage! I mean really. Is this be best you can do! I hope not. Please remove this film and act like you are serious in representing black directors and good filmmaking.

5. Federico D'Accinni's rating of the film Gimme the Loot

Clever and well written US indie comedy that feels simple and funny at the same time. Nice performances from the two lead young actors; will definitely have to watch out for Adam Leon's next films now!

6. karl's rating of the film Gimme the Loot

Was this filmed with a potato?

7. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Gimme the Loot

An enjoyable, though fairly throwaway, tale of graffiti artists trying to gather the resources for a memorable stunt. This ends up being more about friendship and the connections that can make life better for those stuck in a bit of a bad position, and the two lead performances help keep it entertaining enough.

8. moniquekidman's rating of the film Gimme the Loot

Fun little film that tells a nice story very economically. Both leads are superb and their chemistry is great.

9. SiIencio's rating of the film Gimme the Loot

Disneyfied adaptation of a thinkable Gangs of the Bronx. Or a Bronxified version of a trendy multi-ethnic Disney tale. There is too much sugar candy to be taken seriously despite the all well-intended posturing and rude lingo. A cool package-holiday tour around NY on an open-top double decker bus looking for crews while avoiding sagging and 9s.

10. Miggy Angel's rating of the film Gimme the Loot

11. Mogambo's rating of the film Gimme the Loot

It works. The material could very easily fall into stereotypes but it manages to be sincere and feel authentic.

12. baba lola's rating of the film Gimme the Loot

13. leonard-on-his-bike's rating of the film Gimme the Loot

Really enjoyable, nice pace and understated tone to the film. Although personally felt that the cinematography (especially the noisiness of the film) was pretty frustrating at points.

14. Sarah Pietsch's rating of the film Gimme the Loot

Very enjoyable little movie. Loose, active, great characterisation, all moved along nicely by an excellent sound track. Cool NYC vibe. Quite a winner.

15. mpho3's rating of the film Gimme the Loot

Not entirely convincing, but I particularly liked Washington's performance and the distinct NYC vibe. The film also does a nice job of capturing the dichotomy between the sometimes languorous and sometimes frenetic paces of summer.

16. bryanvmh's rating of the film Gimme the Loot

It might be the best movie ever made? No other movie has made me feel such a tangible sense of joy throughout every minute.

17. Henrique Amud's rating of the film Gimme the Loot

Interesting first feature from Adam Leon. It's really not the wonderul film I was sold, but stll a lively one with a great turn by Tashiana Washington. The amateurism of the whole cast is awkward at first, but then it kinda adds to the realism. Ain't nothing much like a plot, but the main characters were filled with depth and that's a good sign for Leon.

18. Scotch's rating of the film Gimme the Loot

I heard a lot of wonderful things about this movie, but I couldn't get past the first 30 minutes. Once Malcolm spouted a homophobic insult and the caricature of a privileged, oblivious white blonde girl shows up and starts talking about her international trips abroad, it was just too much for me to handle. I'll finish it someday and see if I was wrong about it all. Haha.

19. blya's rating of the film Gimme the Loot

BEST NY MOVIE (since woody allen)

20. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film Gimme the Loot

Adam Leon has here a self-conscious debut as writer and director. Review and Rating: http://alwayswatchgoodmovies.blogspot.pt/2013/06/gimme-loot-2012.html

21. Polyglot's rating of the film Gimme the Loot

''Why you depressed for, they discontinued Fruity Pebbles?!''

22. Pedro Ponte's rating of the film Gimme the Loot

A Spike Lee joint for the 21st century.

23. The Future Mr. Gitts's rating of the film Gimme the Loot

Adam Leon's feature debut is a likable slice of life with two great, naturalistic performances from Hickson and Washington. The plot meanders but in an organic, amusing way as Leon introduces the viewer to a cast of colorful supporting characters. Petty theft has rarely been so charming. Good first effort; interested to see what Leon does next.

24. Guilherme Geirinhas's rating of the film Gimme the Loot