1. Blue Roses's rating of the film Girlfriends

2. gld48's rating of the film Girlfriends

3. adam's rating of the film Girlfriends

4. El Biffo's rating of the film Girlfriends

4++ Wonderful cast includes Eli Wallach, Bob Balaban, Christopher Guest and Amy Wright (Wise Blood, Stardust Memories).

5. Ariel Rowan's rating of the film Girlfriends

6. Lauren Burrell's rating of the film Girlfriends

7. Aardsy's rating of the film Girlfriends

Everyone would know this if it were made by a dude.

8. C's rating of the film Girlfriends

Shines so much brighter and truer than all its imitators!

9. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Girlfriends

10. Abby Sun's rating of the film Girlfriends

Thoroughly enjoyable and semi-relatable film about young white women finding their place in the world (in NYC).

11. NICOLE86's rating of the film Girlfriends

I felt more of this as a predecessor to Whit Stillman and Gerwig ripped off some of Francis Ha from this film. This film needs more notoriety!!! Also one of Kubricks favorite films.

12. © <',))( Astro-Tofupraxographer's rating of the film Girlfriends

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. I haven't been enchanted by a female lead character like this since Louise Brooks in Pandora's Box. Not only is this a great character, but the film itself is a great portrait of being in your 20s in New York City. It's really funny and sexy, too. Who knew that Christopher Guest was such a dashing young man?

13. A47's rating of the film Girlfriends

"This is the way I make mash-potatoes." Where Kubrick got his sexually tense dialogue. Oh so Jewish! The foundation for Girls and Frances Ha (both of which I now see as far FAR less original).

14. Aflwydd's rating of the film Girlfriends

The most complex work about women I've seen by quite a distance.

15. Petri E.'s rating of the film Girlfriends

Just like Kubrick said: "...serious, intelligent, sensitive writing and filmmaking that you find in the best directors in Europe."

16. Henry Moore Selder's rating of the film Girlfriends

Extremely charming lead in Melanie Mayron and great bit parts by Balaban Lindofors and Guest.

17. prestidigitator's rating of the film Girlfriends

"there's no truth like bullshit." pac pac

18. rynmcgnns's rating of the film Girlfriends

Finally available on home video via warner archives.