1. bulletproof isobel's rating of the film Gladiator

2. DenoResandono's rating of the film Gladiator

One of the great movie from director Ridley Scott. GLADIATOR is an achievement for both storytelling and technical. On storytelling, this movie offered you a vengeance story (which kinda reminds me of MAD MAX) and some political intrigue. On technical side GLADIATOR use amount of effects to bring back Rome again. I think the plot feels familiar to me. But I still feel entertained with this movie and it's exciting too

3. Vince Wynne's rating of the film Gladiator

Gladiator is a great story in which Russell Crowe's character Maximus has a very well established motivation to seek brutal revenge on those who wronged him. Ridley Scott isn't always the best at characterization in his films, but I really cared for everyone in Gladiator. I actually teared up at the end, which I almost never do. Also, the arena scenes are thrilling, but sometimes poorly edited. My biggest gripe.

4. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Gladiator

A majestic action epic that please the crowds with it's beautiful photography and Hans Zimmer and Lisa Gerrard's beautiful film score. Excellent acting throughout as it all leads up to an epic war between a revenge hungry general and a venomous Roman Emperor. Therefor it is annoying that the film stop with a crowd-pleasing fight in the arena when it should have ended it with a doomed final battle on Rome instead.

5. Nick Schwab's rating of the film Gladiator

At least it's a blockbuster film not built around a teenage mentality, but is an old-fashioned epic, and is how a summer film should be: an ensemble cast, thousands of real extras, soaring speeches, well-regulated action set pieces, and even if it's melodramatic, at least it feels adult. Rewatching this made me pissed that Hollywood rarely makes even a faulty period film like Gladiator anymore. The house always wins.

6. MisterColo93's rating of the film Gladiator

7. N!'s rating of the film Gladiator

8. spasmolytic's rating of the film Gladiator

It's good but sometimes the writing is a little cornball. Still it's awesome.

9. Emily O's rating of the film Gladiator

10. Ricardo Zambujo's rating of the film Gladiator

11. Ethan's rating of the film Gladiator

Quite possibly Ridley Scott's masterpiece. This is an amazing epic that features an incredibly brilliant and badass performance from Russell Crowe who received a well deserved Academy Award for this.

12. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film Gladiator

This movie is rewatchable anytime. It always keeps is momentum. The starting battle scene in the woods & the 'live or die' fights in the arena are benchmarks for action. Excellently made. Top cast & director at work. Very much entertaining. What disturbes me a bit are the dream-illusion sequences.

13. Luke Spence's rating of the film Gladiator

What Hollywood films were meant to be

14. anacecil's rating of the film Gladiator

Una mirada a los gladiadores, los hace mas grandes de lo que fueron. La verdadr aidea er morir como los toros en la arena.

15. CafeGradiva's rating of the film Gladiator

16. dordairobert's rating of the film Gladiator

17. Aaron Dillenbeck's rating of the film Gladiator

Out of sheer spectacle it deserves to be rated as an above average movie even though alot of the elements of this movie are just that, average. Phoenix is as amazing as ever and Richard Harris starts the movie out very well before kicking it. Gory as hell which is always fun. Doesn't apologize for being over the top.

18. Kadjavsi's rating of the film Gladiator

19. muh.'s rating of the film Gladiator

This always entertains me.

20. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film Gladiator

21. Miguel Gutiérrez's rating of the film Gladiator

If it wasn't for the hollywood takes and some parts of the script, this would be a great great film, but it does not, so 3,5

22. MS1915's rating of the film Gladiator

Terrific performances...Incredible casting...Original story...This film has it all. I love the character arc Maximus goes through throughout the film and everything about it shines with realism and integrity.

23. Alvise Narduzzi's rating of the film Gladiator

I difetti sarebbero tanti, ma andiamo, voglio dire, è Il Gladiatore, che cazzo ce ne frega? Non posso parlare male del primo monologo cinematografico che abbia mai imparato a memoria

24. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film Gladiator

the coliseum scenes are dope as fuck and the ending is strangely moving for how hollow the rest of the film rings. more importantly, Age of Empires II is like $15 on Steam, with all the expansions and everything

← Previous 1 3 4