1. Drew.'s rating of the film Glen or Glenda?

I don't think this is so bad it's good. I think it's genuinely great. The transphobic ending is unfortunate but given how personal this story was for Wood it feels tragic rather than offensive. The entire film feels so deeply intimate. It's experimental and emotional in a way few films are. It's remarkable we have a cinematic document from 1953 from a genderqueer artist.

2. AdrianM.'s rating of the film Glen or Glenda?

2,5 for the dream sequence

3. Paul Albert's rating of the film Glen or Glenda?

4. Matt Rolls's rating of the film Glen or Glenda?

Wood meant well, though, didn't he?

5. msmichel's rating of the film Glen or Glenda?

..puppy dog tails and big fat snails....pull the strings....beware.... The whole charm of Wood's deliciously bad film is just how earnest it is. It seems Wood really thought he was making an important document of transexualism. Yet the campy acting, wooden sets, bizarre cut aways and Bela freakin Lugosi make it pure camp. This sounds like disdain but its anything but.Love this picture and return to it time and again.

6. Tigrão's rating of the film Glen or Glenda?

"Where is the animal instinct in modern civilization?"

7. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Glen or Glenda?

Curiosa película. En primera una especie de filme educativo, pasando por lo testimonial, lo alegórico, incluso gestando posturas científicas. Claro que el filme, dentro de su lectura aleccionadora sobre el travestismo y la homosexualidad sugerida, peca de alinearla a lo "no normal". El final de la película es un cierra sobre un estado curado. Todo lo anterior parece derrumbarse.

8. Jesse Furgurson's rating of the film Glen or Glenda?

No way David Lynch hasn't watched the dream sequence here 20 times.

9. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film Glen or Glenda?

Although elements of the film are as incompetent as one might expect given Wood's later reputation, there is nonetheless a fearlessness & originality that makes the experience of the film entirely unique. Similarly, the astounding nightmare sequence is not only an expression of genuine surrealism analogous to Cocteau, it manages to predict the entire career of David Lynch several decades before Lynch was even a name.

10. DavethePerson's rating of the film Glen or Glenda?

A film everyone needs to see.

11. NFP's rating of the film Glen or Glenda?

Simply one of the most rivetingly bizarre films I've ever seen. Wood splits his skull open and shamelessly spills the contents right onto the celluloid, substituting his lack of talent with sincere passion. You have to watch this at least once.

12. Danny Kana's rating of the film Glen or Glenda?

perfect. so horrible I couldn't move my eyes away from the screen. maybe mr. wood was a genius and was doing an experimental film. whether or not, you must respect the man that created the (so bad it's great) genre of movies!

13. sayurkangkung's rating of the film Glen or Glenda?

I simply want to give this movie lower rating, yet i couldn't ignore the fact that this movie was just 'so bad it's good' one and plain hilarious !