1. butterflycaught's rating of the film Gloria

2. misha monsivais's rating of the film Gloria

3. petit astronaute's rating of the film Gloria

4. spasmolytic's rating of the film Gloria

Definitely not my favorite Cassavetes.

5. FISCHER's rating of the film Gloria

N'en déplaise aux puristes, ce film est une rature malencontreusement primée à Venise ! www.cinefiches.com

6. Jordan Kaltz's rating of the film Gloria

phil is added to my list of the cutest kids in cinema history

7. ermete polpette's rating of the film Gloria

8. Mauro Pagano's rating of the film Gloria

9. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Gloria

10. bagno's rating of the film Gloria

scritto malino qua e là, il finale è un insulto alla decenza

11. Ronja's rating of the film Gloria

beautiful opening credits promissed so much! and in the end left me dissapointed. i got quite puzzled by this film and its general weirdness, now when i think about it it's very Coen'ish in its postmodern play with the genre.. there is also some great dialogue and gena is TOUGH.

12. Thomas's rating of the film Gloria

Tough as she is in so many other ways, Rowlands is implausible as a gangster. The young boy steals the show here.

13. CJG's rating of the film Gloria

Somewhere between three and four stars.... Gena Rowlands is fantastic in this, I loved watching her. 1970s New York City grungy and real. Cassavetes films, for me, always go a little too far on the realism but the jeopardy sort of works in spite of the plot holes. The kid's dialogue is so adult..feels creepy and wrong. Gloria belongs to Gena Rowlands.

14. deniz y.'s rating of the film Gloria

all glorias these i know are all tough, indeed.

15. Ark V's rating of the film Gloria

Worth a watch in the context of a social commentary on sexes within the genre. Cassavetes involved work with the actors he works with, and Gena in this, keeps the film alive.

16. Martin Jensen's rating of the film Gloria

she could have left the kid and taken the cat :(

17. Noëlle's rating of the film Gloria

Wow! What an amazing film; I'm blown away

18. raggiodisole's rating of the film Gloria

average really. don't see much to set it apart from a number of other rightly forgotten potboilers.

19. Jenny Coldpussy's rating of the film Gloria

Maybe all the ridiculous gun fights and implausible plot twists were deliberate to heighten the absurdity of the violent, "strong man" figure that the media oversells, yuxtaposed with the violent love that emerges between a mother and a child (by blood or by circumstance), and is a source of true strength that is often overlooked... Or maybe Casavettes was drunk when he wrote it. It's hard to say.

20. Sebastian Lock's rating of the film Gloria

You have the late seventies fashion, New York neighborhoods, and Cassavetes' style but the fantastic Gena Rowlands as a sassy ex gun moll is what really makes this film worth watching. An alternative take on the gangster genre, a film with a heart of gold.

21. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Gloria

Was this Cassavetes answer to Kramer vs Kramer?... in his own twisted dreary way? It certainly deserves more praising, as it has an awesome plot and excellent acting... such expressiveness!! Loved it!!!

22. st aga's rating of the film Gloria

Primarily watched it for Gena and her supreme everything,though the child actor wasn't terrible I suppose. But what truly bothers me is the gaping unresolved plot point of Gloria's cat? I feel I have no closure now... then again, that's what comes with misplaced maternal instincts, perhaps not "every woman is a mother" after all? I'll stop now

23. Superfrog's rating of the film Gloria

Surprisingly good for a genre I have little sympathy for. I really enjoy and I'll have something to answer when asked what my favourite gangster film is.

24. Ross's rating of the film Gloria

The opening credits sequence is one of my favourite ever (even if it's since been copied ad infinitum) and Rowlands is incredible.