1. Brotherdeacon's rating of the film God Speed You! Black Emperor

GSYBE! got its idea across nicely, or as well as most other biker films. U.S. leather biker gangs were tougher, but (as always) the Japanese were weirder. Propulsive night exteriors. I notice that the version I saw had subs by Superhappyfun.com. That brought back memories. Liked the music, but can't find hide nor hair of it.

2. lIZUKA's rating of the film God Speed You! Black Emperor

For a biker gang, they are pretty boring. I've expected more violence and a profound smell of diesel.

3. El Biffo's rating of the film God Speed You! Black Emperor

Gorgeous Neorealist Noir photography in this rambling Japanese Hippy Biker picture.

4. flalorm's rating of the film God Speed You! Black Emperor

me hace querer ser parte de una pandilla de bosozoku :(

5. postrook's rating of the film God Speed You! Black Emperor

pretty cool film. I suppose they maybe got someone in the gang to do most of the filming and interviews, it felt so natural. interesting to see what the japanese version of biker hoodlums are like. lots of scenes showing them riding around through the night. reminded me of akira. marred in spots by subtitle/audio synching issues. not a big deal, though. good film, as I said. also lots of 70s japanese blues rock.

6. REH1101's rating of the film God Speed You! Black Emperor

7. RPaleja's rating of the film God Speed You! Black Emperor

I'm guessing the band's name is derived from this film?

8. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film God Speed You! Black Emperor

The low rating is not due to the film itself but rather the absolutely awful subtitiling job, which is so out of sync with what is being said on screen that it renders many scenes practically incoherent. This is one film in dire need of a good restoration!

9. R_D_P's rating of the film God Speed You! Black Emperor

"GODDO SUPIIDO YUU! BURAKKU EMPARAA" Brilliant Japanese title. This doc is very much a photograph of a specific time and place, but the themes it encompasses (teenage idealism and rebellion, and the consequential loss of both) are universal

10. Novus Opiate's rating of the film God Speed You! Black Emperor

A look at youth culture and the rise of biker gangs in Japan in the 1970's. While not as in depth as I'd hoped it'd be, it was an interesting look at a part of Japan I'm not at all familiar with. I'd like to see more from Yanagimachi.

11. εξώτερο Διάστημα's rating of the film God Speed You! Black Emperor