1. HKFanatic's rating of the film Gods of Egypt

We may never know what became of the Alex Proyas who directed "The Crow" and "Dark City," but if you squint during moments of "Gods of Egypt" - the filmmaker's mythic space fantasy that owes more to the original "Clash of the Titans" and old-school wuxia like "Zu: Warriors from the Magic Mountain" than it does "300" - you may catch a lingering imprint of his mad genius. A shame it doesn't mean the movie is any good.

2. tyb's rating of the film Gods of Egypt

Sure, whitewashing doesn't get much more blatant than this, but as a silly effects-soaked fantasy adventure romp you could definitely do worse.

3. Arthur Freitas's rating of the film Gods of Egypt

Oh well, it's exactly what all of you say it is.

4. Erica Narduzzi's rating of the film Gods of Egypt

Quando ho visto Butler, Waldau e Rush uniti alla mitologia egiziana mi sono gettata a capofitto nella visione. Dentro di me sentivo che nessuno di loro era davvero azzeccato per il ruolo, ma speravo fermamente che le loro interpretazioni e la sceneggiatura mi avrebbero fatto dimenticare il loro aspetto decisamente poco nord africano. Non è stato così. Sono arrivata alla fine solo per una questione di principio.

5. swordofdoom's rating of the film Gods of Egypt

6. Mariana Mara Nascimento's rating of the film Gods of Egypt

so gerard butler is this angry oompa-loompa who ends up in a power ranger assembly sequence with god parts.

7. THE APOLL0's rating of the film Gods of Egypt

Surprisingly not that terrible, aside from drama that stops at starts randomly and everyone being pale as fuck for living in the desert the action scenes in this film have been some of the best epic genre imagery I've seen come out of Hollywood recently; shame they couldn't have been put to better use in a better story.

8. Chris's rating of the film Gods of Egypt

I kinda enjoyed this one, even as I acknowledge the more problematic elements (i.e. whitewashing). In many ways it feels like a modern version of Clash of the Titans, even more than the Clash of the Titans remake. Also, the comparison to the work of Jack Kirby is pretty apt, at least from a visual standpoint. While not the best movie ever made, it is highly enjoyable and I'm bummed we won't get a sequel.

9. virginwolf's rating of the film Gods of Egypt

If I had a lobotomy, and if Brenton Thwaites was shirtless throughout the whole film... maybe, and only maybe then this film would deserve anything else apart from being thrown into oblivion and then somehow Will Smith pulled of the MIB Statue of Liberty 'may we forget it all' flashlight trick... this is just tragic and sad in all kinds of proportions.

10. lostlevel's rating of the film Gods of Egypt

I was led to believe this would be godawful instead it's just bafflingly generic given the premise. For a movie that came under fire for whitewashing, it's surprisingly more diverse than most hollywood movies and that may have been the least of it's problems. On the plus side it's nice to see Geoffrey Rush in a move and the gold blood was a nice touch.

11. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Gods of Egypt

See what happens when you think your audience is even more stupid than it actually is. Instant crap.

12. Victor-André's rating of the film Gods of Egypt

If I could rate this film less than 1 star I definitely would. The narrative is awfully painful, the visual is way to much surrealistic. I keep wondering why I bought this film.

13. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film Gods of Egypt

14. Jeremy Ashlyn's rating of the film Gods of Egypt

15. Martin's rating of the film Gods of Egypt

16. Gonçalo Rosas's rating of the film Gods of Egypt

1 - Watched this expecting it to be a bad movie bearing a good time and was extremely disappointed. Its only achievement is being a film about Egyptian mythology that is unable to instill any wonder beyond leaving the viewer with the lingering question of how anyone trusted Alex fucking Proyas with 140 million dollars, and its only redeeming quality is that it flopped.

17. polkasan's rating of the film Gods of Egypt

18. vordven's rating of the film Gods of Egypt

19. Eddie Rinctoya's rating of the film Gods of Egypt

(1.5) ...Una versión de dioses por Bollywood pero hecha por Hollywood...

20. vladimirbalt's rating of the film Gods of Egypt

Gods of Wrecked Anus. Shite.

21. Stephane Tanaka's rating of the film Gods of Egypt

This american rape of ancient Egypt was not as bad as i thought, even quite entertaining

22. CafeGradiva's rating of the film Gods of Egypt

23. Marija Sajekaitė's rating of the film Gods of Egypt

24. T. J. Mesen's rating of the film Gods of Egypt

Jaime Lannister vs Leonidas in Clash of the Titans meets Transformers meets Dark City meets Stargate meets Iron Man meets Prince of Persia meets The Legend of Hercules meets Indiana Jones meets Exodus: Gods and Kings meets 10,000 BC meets Thor meets Immortals meets Krull meets all those retellings of fairy tales with a twist. With Prince Phillip, Cheedo the Fragile, and Captain Barbossa as Ra. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯