1. EdieEmm's rating of the film Gods of the Plague

This film more than the others feels like a bit of a pastiche; more exercise than inspiration. (Though the scene with the Nonsense Song & the ravioli is among the finest on film.) The Franz character is, as always, a shamelessly revealing stand-in for F. himself… Not among his masterpieces (it drags at the start, e.g.) but visually great and, anyway. Fassbinder.

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Gods of the Plague

Fassbinder et le monde du polar. Noir... www.cinefiches.com

3. film_lies101's rating of the film Gods of the Plague

More stylized, but I would lying if I said I don't miss the widescreen aspect ratio. The protagonist is way too passive which is why I may prefer Love over this one. Still though, nobody makes them like Fassbinder

4. nein's rating of the film Gods of the Plague

I loved the way it was shot, a visual masterpiece, but the plot was so lame I can't consider it great. But it was close enough.

5. Warren Spratley's rating of the film Gods of the Plague

6. Zeppo's rating of the film Gods of the Plague

A masterclass in camera work and cinematography.

7. MISS RICHIE's rating of the film Gods of the Plague

8. This is Jake Kath's rating of the film Gods of the Plague

Fassbinder hates hollywood, hollywood gangster movies, and you! With this movie in goes back to what worked with "Love is Colder than Death" and does it even uglier and more smug while at the same time adding more inspired flourish than feels very Max Ophuls. The formal beauty and detachment of the movie kept me engaged to the bitter-bitter end.

9. DSPRKY's rating of the film Gods of the Plague

I watched Fassbinder's "gangster" trilogy over a bottle of wine last night. For some reason I saved this one for last (I really should've seen it second) and by the end I couldn't remember which actors were playing characters and whether they had appeared elsewhere in the trilogy. That made for a confusing experience.