1. fearraigh's rating of the film Goff in the Desert

The most realised of Emigholz's architectural films shown on Mubi recently. All the better for introducing me to Goff, an architect I had previously never heard of, and whose work has a hugely impressive breadth and variety.

2. Louisa Savignon's rating of the film Goff in the Desert

3. Eric Rucker's rating of the film Goff in the Desert

Finally. For me there is a fruitful match between the subject and object, director and architecture, in this film that for me was utterly lacking in the Sullivan, less lacking in the Maillert. The felicities of his vision, usually working around echoing and rhythms of lines had plenty to work with here. And the contingent, arbitrary nature of the two visions hummed, almost becoming revelatory of their take on life.

4. FISCHER's rating of the film Goff in the Desert

Une étonnante et bienvenue constante, la présence systématique de la nature, du végétal ..... www.cinefiches.com

5. Rafal Poplawski's rating of the film Goff in the Desert

Good documentary and presentation of architect work of Mr Goff, in Oklahoma/Texas/Kansas/Arizona/Missouri etc. This is only for architecture fans !

6. Fab S's rating of the film Goff in the Desert

7. Martijn de Vos's rating of the film Goff in the Desert

I could imagine to like the director’s work if he would’ve picked another architect. But as an architecture lover, these buildings are the farest it can get from my personal taste. First I thought the dutch tilts expressed the dislike of the buildings by the director. Showing only static images and a nice stereo (binoral?) soundscape could work great, but after 10min I was really done with it.

8. Jan's rating of the film Goff in the Desert

Heinz Emigholz's feature-length architecture compositions are a surprisingly great psychogygiene. Especially in the morning, right after you wake up. I recommend to everyone.

9. YellowDog's rating of the film Goff in the Desert

The architecture is this “entry” holds almost no appeal to me personally, and the static Dutch angles grew annoying, but, if you’re someone who really loves the “look” of film, these shots are expertly exposed for shadow and highlight retention, with the lensing meticulously dialed. The transfer is also of very high quality. So, I found myself appreciating the medium of film— itself— more than anything in this film.

10. Nastasia Kerouac's rating of the film Goff in the Desert

я не поняла зачем это было сделано и кто будет полтора часа смотреть на здания, как будто открыла каталог недвижимости

11. Richard Bolisay's rating of the film Goff in the Desert

Dreamlike...but the long form doesn't work well with this concept. Amazed by the many houses and structures Goff has designed. Too much in one go.

12. David R Williams's rating of the film Goff in the Desert

In the few instances where the skewed camera angles align and complement the angles of the structure, this film achieves the level of art it grasps for. Unfortunately, in most cases the camera work fails utterly and we know no more about the structure then when we started. Possibly less. Another disappointment by Emigholz.

13. Vivi Ana's rating of the film Goff in the Desert

a video essay? with peculiar angles of interestingly selected buildings.

14. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Goff in the Desert

Of interest to those who enjoy architecture, and particularly the designs of Bruce Goff, this will quickly grow tiresome for everyone else. There's nothing cinematic here, and nothing to help it appeal to a slightly wider audience.

15. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Goff in the Desert

Imagine the horror of the home owners in watching Emigholtz approaching their houses from bizarre angles and zeroing in on the flaws. As for Goff, there was a lot of creativity, but often too much ornamentation, which pushes them into the realm of kitsch. His stuff worked better on a grander scale. Overall, I think both the director and the architect are guilty of self-indulgence.

16. Nachtreich's rating of the film Goff in the Desert

Alcune riprese abbastanza carine.

17. zubee's rating of the film Goff in the Desert

18. captainfez's rating of the film Goff in the Desert

Not as compelling as Emigholz's shorter works.

19. Irina Artenii's rating of the film Goff in the Desert

When I`ll have my own house, I will get inspiration from here on how to make it

20. Henri de Corinth's rating of the film Goff in the Desert

Emigholz's later 'architecture-coffee-table-book' films may not be for everyone but I like them as a premise for post-human cinema. I met Emigholz once years ago at the Goethe Institut and after talking to him felt as if I knew less about the intention behind the later films. The attribution of 'meaning' is entirely up to you.

21. Conor M's rating of the film Goff in the Desert

An important document, rather than a documentary as such. A bit like Bernd & Hilla Becher’s typological photography. Great that MUBI has this in the mix!

22. Juan Javier's rating of the film Goff in the Desert

Solo vean los últimos minutos.

23. roxanemaas's rating of the film Goff in the Desert

J'ai aimé son court.... mais là 1h30, c'est pas possible...

24. David Perez's rating of the film Goff in the Desert

Like watching paint dry on a building.