1. Ashley Spendlove's rating of the film Going My Way

At least 20 minutes too long, this is largely sanctimonious schmaltz combined with some indifferent musical numbers. Nevertheless there are still moments of considerable power, thanks largely to the excellent work between Fitzgerald and Crosby. McCarey's direction is unassuming and subtle, allowing for nuance in the character interaction and there is an interesting melancholy atmosphere that underpins the whole.

2. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Going My Way

A religious cousin to "It’s a wonderful life". It has Bing Crosby singing and the best moments are with the priests but the film would actually have been better had it ditched all singing supporting characters and focused only on them instead.

3. Mimic Hootings's rating of the film Going My Way

So many ingredients of an awful film, and yet not nearly so bad as it could have been. It's even pretty good in a few scenes, and the ending is surprisingly moving.

4. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Going My Way

An absolute delight from start to finish, Bing Crosby plays the priest who doesn't want to let his new "boss" (Barry Fitzgerald) know that he has actually been sent there to relieve him of his duties. The two don't exactly get along from the start, but it's not long until the good nature and intentions of Crosby start to win him a number of fans.

5. Superfrog's rating of the film Going My Way

Nice 40's film, about the clued young straightening the clueless old. Nothing ground breaking in it though.

6. Alexine Chanel's rating of the film Going My Way

so slow and naive and over the top moralistic.... no thanks!

7. azoulay's rating of the film Going My Way

Sûr il a obtenu le prix oeucuménique de toutes l'église catholique du monde, à mon avis il a été tourné avec le fric de la banque Ambrosio !!!!!!!! Bon à part ça?

8. Dagfinn Hokstad's rating of the film Going My Way

Noen klassikere fortjener å bli klassikere. Denne gjør det definitivt ikke.

9. tealeaves's rating of the film Going My Way

The elements of this that constitute an exploration of an older, immigrant priest struggling with depression, and being supported by his utterly self-confident young colleague, are very interesting (minus the sentimentality). Double Indemnity is a film which tells of the mean ugliness of human beings, so I'm not surprised that the Academy picked this instead. It's similar to the Kings Speech/Social Network divide.

10. Epinephrin's rating of the film Going My Way

11. AVA's rating of the film Going My Way

Als Gut und Böse noch definierbar waren.B.Crosby verkörpert hier überzeugend den lauteren Teil.

12. Korial's rating of the film Going My Way

An American moral tale. Let it flow over you and you will cry of joy.

13. Crystal Daze's rating of the film Going My Way

This film is lovely. Bing Crosby being his absolute best, kind, charming and above all glorious. While a few of the musical numbers could have been trimmed this film leaves you feeling both nostalgic and uplifted.

14. LibertyCapz's rating of the film Going My Way

Perfectly competent and viewable classic Hollywood drama. Sadly though, not particularly memorable.

15. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Going My Way

It swept the Oscars over "Double Indemnity." As outrageous as that sounds, if you watch "Going My Way" with an open mind, you can see why it was such a hit. It just barely skirts overt sentimentality and has a low-key humor. Barry Fitzgerald helps a lot. Make no mistake. It should not have won the Oscar over "Double Indemnity."

16. moniquekidman's rating of the film Going My Way

Wonderful performances, especially from Bing Crosby who really carries the whole film. However, it is overly sentimental and bogged down by naïveté. Also, the music is lacking. Bing's voice is so incredible that it's a shame it wasn't featured too prominently.

17. bryanvmh's rating of the film Going My Way

The title song kinda sucks, and it is too long and patently inoffensive.

18. FISCHER's rating of the film Going My Way

D'un sentimentalisme quelquefois lourdingue, voire sirupeux... www.cinefiches.com

19. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Going My Way

7.1/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2wp

20. SpacePirate's rating of the film Going My Way

Nice film, but a bit by the numbers and pushes the religion a bit too far now and then. Still, one of the better Crosby films I have seen (never a huge fan), likely due to the supporting cast including Fitzgerald (a huge fan! love his work in Quiet Man, Naked City, etc). Billed as a musical, but really just a faith story with some songs. Worth a look. Apparently they made a sequel.

21. Edna Sweetlove's rating of the film Going My Way

If there is a God (there isn't), all Christians will be forced to watch this laughably insincere, evil crapschmaltz for ever and ever amen.

22. MarcH's rating of the film Going My Way

Clunky and patronizing. Not obviously directed by the great Leo McCarey.

23. Christian R.'s rating of the film Going My Way

Going My Way, has a nice charm to it that makes it worthy of a classic! If only all priest could be as spirited as Bing Crosby's Father O'Malley! With a wonderful support of Barry Fitzgerald, this movie is a new favorite!