1. Marco Della Motta's rating of the film Golden Dreams

Moretti's own 8 1/2 has a few shining moments but not nearly enough of them. The themes and issues addressed in the film are clumsily handled. For diehard Moretti fans only. This is a step back after Ecce bombo.

2. Superfrog's rating of the film Golden Dreams

I like the concept of talking about a film we don't see. I dislike the fact that the film did not pull me in at all.

3. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Golden Dreams

Another slice of self-indulgence from Nanni Moretti, this one takes a meta approach to his directorial style and the state of Italian cinema, and film criticism. Once again, good and bad outweigh one another.

4. m00njaguar's rating of the film Golden Dreams

Unfunny. Tedious. Forced. Trying to make some statements on filmmaking and social issues of the 70s, which it succeeded doing a few time, though without making me ever laugh. This was the first 3 comedies by Moretti being shown this week- based on this one, I wont bother with the others

5. VincentVendetta's rating of the film Golden Dreams

As hysterical as it is exhausting, Golden Dreams doesn't hold together as well as the directors' subsequent perfect storms - Palombella Rossa and Aprile to name a few. Fortunately, the film scrapes by thanks to the sheer comedic force of Nanni Moretti.

6. soniczny's rating of the film Golden Dreams

Very funny, very pleasant, has a lot of distance, self-irony, integrity and consequence and a prophetic scene, where two rival directors participate in "Japanese variety show" to promote their snobby-but-commercial films (a family comedy about Freud impostor and 1968 musical).

7. DrFirestone's rating of the film Golden Dreams

A film about filmmaking and reflection on the role of cinema, the audience, function and influence of film critics, politics and probably a bit about ego and creativity. The film has a surreal, dreamy feel and that creates interesting atmosphere, there's humour too, but it didn't work for me most of the time - there are a couple of good moments though.. I'd give it a try, it's a quite unique experience.

8. jamesheathcock1986's rating of the film Golden Dreams

9. msmichel's rating of the film Golden Dreams

Moretti followed up the success of 'Ecce Bombo' with this navel gazing and fully realized slice of eccentricity and surrealistic wanderings. Moretti plays Michelle a self obsessed filmmaker given to self delusion and immature imaginings equally. The film is often very humorous yet endearingly dramatic in turn. The earliest glimpse of Moretti's brilliance.

10. applausetaps's rating of the film Golden Dreams

11. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film Golden Dreams

4.5 - People compare Moretti to Woody Allen, but I think he's more like Vincent Gallo... I like dialogue heavy films, so that wasn't as issue. This feels more fully realised than the other 'Michele' films before it, being an ark for Moretti's insecurities and regrets. Is it all a bad dream? Is it existential? Is he having us on?

12. G.'s rating of the film Golden Dreams

I liked each film in this Moretti series better than the last, particularly enjoying this one for addressing directly various things that bewildered me about the previous two.

13. fearraigh's rating of the film Golden Dreams

It probably helps to have a prior familiarity with Moretti's work but if you do, this is an irresistible delight. Boundless energy, some choice gags and an admirable tendency to send up the pomposity of much political filmmaking (including his own). Very enjoyable stuff.

14. Alberto's rating of the film Golden Dreams

Talvez não seja o butter naan do Nanni - talvez dos que vi dele essa categoria esteja no "palombella rossa" -, mas há aqui mau feitio suficiente para fazer um filme, e ainda sobra para parafrasear a história do cinema enquanto se assume (é possível que o histrionismo seja demasiado) a plenos pulmões que se é um monstro.

15. Bilouaustria's rating of the film Golden Dreams

You might think at first that this film being itself a commentary on films won't work for 100 minutes. But Moretti's imagination grows and grows in a funny and generious delirium about his next film, his love for cinema (and of course his hatred for cheap TV). And that's often how good comedy works, when it's clever and way over the top. Hard to tell if i prefer Moretti as a writer or an actor, they are both great.

16. Dries's rating of the film Golden Dreams

Io non parlo di cose che non conosco !

17. FISCHER's rating of the film Golden Dreams

L'excellente verve de Moretti, pas toujours entièrement maîtrisée... www.cinefiches.com

18. Balthaz21's rating of the film Golden Dreams

19. ughchenausea's rating of the film Golden Dreams

PARLO MAI DI ASTROFISICA IO?

20. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Golden Dreams

A disappointment. Too much talk, not enough cinema. The Italian Woody Allen will rectify the shot in his following movies.

21. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Golden Dreams

Watched this because of 'The Son's Room'. Wildly unpleasant, he can't get out of his own head. It's one thing to complain about the state of moviemaking, and it's another thing to actually do something about it. This doesn't help, and you should never beat up your mother, even if it is fictional.

22. João Rebelo's rating of the film Golden Dreams

Ma di questo film che gliene importa alla gente comune, semplice, che lavora? A un povero bracciante lucano, a un pastore abbruzzese, a una modesta casalinga di Treviso, che gliene importa di queste tematiche intellettualistiche, solitarie, masturbatorie?

23. Fabio Nosotti's rating of the film Golden Dreams