1. Daniel Spiegel's rating of the film Gomorrah

Bleak, bleak, bleak. I saw this film for the second time in many years, and while it was easier to stomach, it still unnerves me. The story is diffuse and somewhat difficult to follow because there are so many different characters involved, but the low-light, grotesque cinematography make a bleak story more so.

2. zubee's rating of the film Gomorrah

Slavery is not dead -- its quite alive in corrupt societies. Tragic. That said, some of the shots of the Bay of Naples are breathtaking.

3. El Biffo's rating of the film Gomorrah

I liked this a lot better before I found out it was a true story. I guess that explains why the story is pointless (unless guys shooting and killing each other IS the point). Eloquent cinematography by Marco Onorato.

4. Fab S's rating of the film Gomorrah

3.5 Stars Could cut back the end as it is a bit too long

5. muse_x's rating of the film Gomorrah

more meta than your average ultra violence

6. captainfez's rating of the film Gomorrah

The true weapon of the mob: grinding dullness.

7. Matthew Almont's rating of the film Gomorrah

This well-shot film seeks to capture the true brutality of organized crime in Italy, but ends up dull and soulless.

8. tinderness's rating of the film Gomorrah

Der Schmutz dieser Welt, auf dem die Comorra ihre glänzenden Paläste baut. Ein Film ohne Sentiment, der durch seinen unspektakulären Realismus besticht. Der Film kommt der literarischen Vorlage wohl sehr nahe.

9. Luca Soldati's rating of the film Gomorrah

10. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film Gomorrah

Matteo Garrone's Gomorrah sheds new light on the often romanticized depictions of the mafia. His striving for a more realistic view of the Italian crime circuit makes this film stand out from the bunch.

11. cyberia's rating of the film Gomorrah

12. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Gomorrah

Welcome to the Camorra, the real deal

13. gld48's rating of the film Gomorrah

Grim, brutal, nightmare. About as far away from any other gangster film you can think of - here is poverty, squalor and desperation. An indictment of Italy and the world, i guess the critics are right when they say this movie is part of the modern neorealism. What a world we live in.

14. Arf's rating of the film Gomorrah

15. Erik F.'s rating of the film Gomorrah

16. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film Gomorrah

A great film that, to me, was very boring; I wish I could've seen it on a big screen though. It seemed to me more intrested in the rooms the people in it; maybe because, in a sense, they tell us more about them. I don't really see the comparison to the Godfather films since they want to do completely different things. And, in the end, there's no grand thematic irony to doom or redeem these people.

17. Paolo Utili's rating of the film Gomorrah

18. Didier Pigeon-Perreault's rating of the film Gomorrah

19. Diderot's rating of the film Gomorrah

A movie that fascinatingly never stops shifting its gaze yet maintains a sense of hopeless cohesion throughout.

20. Samuel Righi's rating of the film Gomorrah

21. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Gomorrah

22. emlomm's rating of the film Gomorrah

"Gomorra", en su forma, es demasiado cruda, no pulida, bruta. Es entendible que Garrone haya escogido este tono para crear un perfil de Cinéma Vérité; desde ese punto de vista está ejecutado a la perfección. Sus historias son interesantes, pero no resultan entretenidas; son difíciles de seguir debido a que su desarrollo es de lo más inconexo. Tanta dispersión obstruye el entendimiento y la empatía del espectador.

23. Chris's rating of the film Gomorrah

it may be 'realistic' but that doesnt always make for an interesting movie.... extremely dull

24. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Gomorrah

I don't want to go to Naples if it is anything like the desperate, corrupt place depicted in this dark and engaging gangster thriller. The book is also great.

← Previous 1 3 4 5