1. gld48's rating of the film Gomorrah

Grim, brutal, nightmare. About as far away from any other gangster film you can think of - here is poverty, squalor and desperation. An indictment of Italy and the world, i guess the critics are right when they say this movie is part of the modern neorealism. What a world we live in.

2. Arf's rating of the film Gomorrah

3. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film Gomorrah

A great film that, to me, was very boring; I wish I could've seen it on a big screen though. It seemed to me more intrested in the rooms the people in it; maybe because, in a sense, they tell us more about them. I don't really see the comparison to the Godfather films since they want to do completely different things. And, in the end, there's no grand thematic irony to doom or redeem these people.

4. Paolo Utili's rating of the film Gomorrah

5. Didier Pigeon-Perreault's rating of the film Gomorrah

6. Diderot's rating of the film Gomorrah

A movie that fascinatingly never stops shifting its gaze yet maintains a sense of hopeless cohesion throughout.

7. Samuel Righi's rating of the film Gomorrah

8. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Gomorrah

9. emlomm's rating of the film Gomorrah

"Gomorra", en su forma, es demasiado cruda, no pulida, bruta. Es entendible que Garrone haya escogido este tono para crear un perfil de Cinéma Vérité; desde ese punto de vista está ejecutado a la perfección. Sus historias son interesantes, pero no resultan entretenidas; son difíciles de seguir debido a que su desarrollo es de lo más inconexo. Tanta dispersión obstruye el entendimiento y la empatía del espectador.

10. Chris's rating of the film Gomorrah

it may be 'realistic' but that doesnt always make for an interesting movie.... extremely dull

11. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Gomorrah

I don't want to go to Naples if it is anything like the desperate, corrupt place depicted in this dark and engaging gangster thriller. The book is also great.

12. Tim Ellrich's rating of the film Gomorrah

13. TZUHSIEN TANG's rating of the film Gomorrah

14. James Mackin's rating of the film Gomorrah

A film that was more interesting to read about then watch.

15. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Gomorrah

A visit to the very heart of hopelessness. The next generation of kids will no doubt pick up the next generation of guns, etc.

16. SpacePirate's rating of the film Gomorrah

Had such high hopes for this one, ultimately they were not met.

17. J0NS's rating of the film Gomorrah

18. Francesca Di Donna's rating of the film Gomorrah

It was hard being better than the book. Matteo, you were really close to that..

19. marinos@agxivatein.com's rating of the film Gomorrah

A dive into the under-world of Camorah (Naples' mafia). No melodramas here - just roughness, corruption, vanity and realism - the film follows a documentarean-style and is based upon Saviano's (Italian writer and Naples native) seminal research on the subject. This movie is a truly evocative diamond.

20. Nick Schwab's rating of the film Gomorrah

Unlike Traffic, it never dilutes its examination of crime into melodramatic sentiment, or turns 'realism' into tacky set pieces, like City of God. However, the 5 non-connecting stories are exhausting, and its details are non-existent due to their cutting that makes the emotion and story clinical and emotionally distant.

21. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Gomorrah

Apasionante retrato sobre el mundo de la mafia italiana en la actualidad, esta vista desde distintas perspectivas, dimensiones y sectores. Todos los casos terminan teniendo un final trágico. Garrone no es como sus ancestros del neorrealismo. El director complenta un contexto y un problema que se expande como la cangrena, pero en ningún momento promueve la esperanza o cualquier indicio de benefacción.

22. Atzin Ortiz González's rating of the film Gomorrah

A film so bleak, potent and urgent for our times that's unafraid to depict the ugliness of the criminal world. Garrone's cuasi documentary aesthetic blurs any kind of fictional representation and brings the material to a ferocious level. (4.5)

23. GreenROCK's rating of the film Gomorrah

Successfully depicts Italian underworld. Realism at its best.

24. Ludovica's rating of the film Gomorrah