1. Maudie Osborne's rating of the film Gone with the Wind

I saw this when I was a kid. My verdict of it still hasn't changed since I was seven - it's far too long and she needs to stop chasing Ashley Wilkes.

2. tri ...'s rating of the film Gone with the Wind

I'm very glad because the story does not have a happy ending

3. marcabranca's rating of the film Gone with the Wind

4. DenoResandono's rating of the film Gone with the Wind

At 240 minutes, GONE WITH THE WIND didn't feel too long for me. Maybe I was drawn to its storyline. Vivien Leigh is so f*cking perfect as Scarlett O'Hara. I think she is one of the best movie character I've ever seen. I loved her transformation from selfish woman into an independent woman in the end. Clark Gable is also magnificent as Rhett Butler. The Technicolor photography is beyond wonderful. A timeless classic..

5. ejonline's rating of the film Gone with the Wind

As a technical piece of film making, I couldn't take this seriously. The acting was arch and the whole thing was so melodramatic that I actually laughed out loud during particularly bathetic moments. As a historically important piece of racist propaganda, it needs to be taken very seriously. The still popular film is emblematic of attempts to rewrite history to further Southern visions of a glorious lost cause. Yuck.

6. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Gone with the Wind

Grandiose epic Technicolor romantic drama set during the Civil War is full of riveting acting centered by Vivien Leigh's tour-de-force performance as Scarlett O'Hara and full of quotable dialogue. It do become a full-blooded soap opera movie in the second act with a lot of sudden and dramatic deaths but it is easy to see that it is the best of its kind. Only the use of colored actors for comic relief date this film.

7. Anca.'s rating of the film Gone with the Wind

8. jewelsofglory's rating of the film Gone with the Wind

My god, I don't think I want to go through that again.

9. Ryan Christopher Coleman's rating of the film Gone with the Wind

the only obscene omission from book -> film was the omission TWICE of scarlett referring to second husband Frank Kennedy as an "old maid in pants"

10. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Gone with the Wind

3.5 stars. Vivien Leigh is the best reason to see this film. Yes, it is entertaining but it runs out of steam in part two. The performances are scaled to fit the epic size but they are also without any depth. Not so Leigh. She gives Scarlett such complexity and stubbornness that you keep rooting for her.

11. kartina obskura's rating of the film Gone with the Wind

12. Luis Pires's rating of the film Gone with the Wind

13. lidiishere's rating of the film Gone with the Wind

am here because of american history class!

14. Maoolina Fajrini's rating of the film Gone with the Wind

Immersed by the plot. how this film depicts a silver-spooned Scarlett O'hara became a thoughtful woman. Despite of her foolishness by choosing fortune over love, this is a great story. and I love Clark Gable's character here. he's the star of this classic film.

15. Balthaz21's rating of the film Gone with the Wind

16. Miguel Condeça's rating of the film Gone with the Wind

17. anacecil's rating of the film Gone with the Wind

Bella !! Se puede ver muchas veces este clásico del cine y siempre será una epopeya de los viejos tiempos perdidos antes de la guerra de Cesesión un USA:

18. FISCHER's rating of the film Gone with the Wind

Bof, il faut l'avoir vu pour y croire et pourtant, le public marche à chaque fois, paraît-il. On peut se poser bien des questions sur la pérennité d'une oeuvre et son impact à travers les générations. Il faut reconnaître tout de même à cette production d'être "un grand spectacle" mais cinématographiquement parlant, c'est quelconque. Une référence dans l'histoire du cinéma, mais non une date... www.cinefiches.com

19. Rocco's rating of the film Gone with the Wind

Despite a largely empty and meandering final third, this is one of the undisputed classics of it's era.

20. Nolan Barth's rating of the film Gone with the Wind

Gone with the Wind is an quintessential masterpiece that every film fan should see at some point in their life. Clark Gable, Vivien Leigh and Hattie McDaniel deliver performances for the ages. This film broke boundaries with McDaniel being the first African American to win an Academy Award. However, it does feel a bit dated, especially in some of the scenes dealing with race and women's rights.

21. Matthew Catanzano's rating of the film Gone with the Wind

Very memorable film. I've only seen it one time well over a decade ago and I remember most every single detail. The imagery is spectacular.

22. João R's rating of the film Gone with the Wind

23. letters never sent's rating of the film Gone with the Wind

24. Rachel and Saranne's rating of the film Gone with the Wind

Lush costumes, great acting, and a gripping story from start to finish. One of my childhood favourites that I still enjoy coming back to.

← Previous 1 3 4