1. Diderot's rating of the film Goodbye Solo

The kind of movie that has a quiet confidence in the story it's telling and does so without any unnecessary sentimentality.

2. UnbrandedFilms's rating of the film Goodbye Solo

A character driven film that doesn't want to lecture the audience into any moral bias. There are some gaps in the structure that don't allow for the full character development of either protagonists and the ending seems forced as a result, maybe a little anti-climatic. Nothing of which, however, hinders the smooth progression of the storyline.

3. lostlevel's rating of the film Goodbye Solo

Though it's not a perfect film it's rare that I find acting so convincing. Sometimes I admit I want more answers or more to go on, perhaps it's a sign that I had invested in the story. I didn't expect to be so moved but now I have to watch some comedy to cheer me up.

4. DrFirestone's rating of the film Goodbye Solo

Despite some flaws (character's development) it's an outstanding film. The performances are absolutely fantastic and overcome the mentioned problem, as they are so believable. Amazing contrast between the two main characters. The ending and some of the shots are very powerful.

5. Tom Dore's rating of the film Goodbye Solo

Touching, warming, without false sentiment, this is a great movie, with characters who live and breathe and have a will of their own. The plot fits to the people.

6. johnfbarry71's rating of the film Goodbye Solo

calm, thoughtfully paced, nicely underacted. Good.

7. Paul Relf's rating of the film Goodbye Solo

It lacked any real oomph even thought the acting was great. It left me feeling pretty depressed for a little while afterwards.

8. taniaburrito's rating of the film Goodbye Solo

Lovely film, I loved Solo's character. Very touching.

9. raggiodisole's rating of the film Goodbye Solo

Hope stretched beyond its reasonable boundary. Lovely film. you can argue that characters are inscrutable, you can also argue that absolute resolve is brilliantly portrayed

10. Nikola Enchev's rating of the film Goodbye Solo

Interesting and captivating premise, but when you think about it, there is no character development whatsoever. It was one of those endings that make you realize that the writes didn't quite figure it out before the shoot. As it stands, there isn't enough plot for 90 minutes.

11. Natty's rating of the film Goodbye Solo

a very good film. (don't read below as spoilers.)

12. alf to the rescue's rating of the film Goodbye Solo

Enjoyable even if a lot is left unanswered.

13. Louis's rating of the film Goodbye Solo

14. SiIencio's rating of the film Goodbye Solo

Painfully mono-dimensional. The inscrutable William and the obsessive Solo dance a dance so far apart. I wondered what pushed one towards the other and the other towards a fatal end. In the meantime, anecdotal circumstantial clues leading to nowhere, nothing to build upon, back to square one despite a big heart and good intentions.

15. j's rating of the film Goodbye Solo

Touching, without a hint of naff. Good characters, well acted.

16. No Buff's rating of the film Goodbye Solo

17. Luca Prosperi's rating of the film Goodbye Solo

Three stars because of the light characterization of the hero and alter-hero. This movie made me feel light, and appreciative of the little bricks which compose everybody's lives. When Solo explains his way of life, which is to work to provide for his people in Senegal, so that when he will grow old he will move back and the will provide for him, reminded me of old wise houses of my Italian countryside. Recommended.

18. jameswharper's rating of the film Goodbye Solo

Beautifully acted and directed, the first film I've seen by Bahrani but will check out the others. Dropped a star because we learn surprisingly little about the characters, despite the nuances of the acting and screenplay. Is William Solo's angel rather than the other way round? Much better than the saccharine schmaltz of Intouchables which it reminded me of.

19. simon's rating of the film Goodbye Solo

Really nice film, very heart felt and touching Great performance from Souleymane Sy Savane. Nicely told story worth checking out!!

20. cidemhan's rating of the film Goodbye Solo

21. Trunfos's rating of the film Goodbye Solo

22. Trevor D. Jun Kwong's rating of the film Goodbye Solo

Bahrani is a filmmaker I will always go back to to remind me that filmmaking is not just a possibility for immense pleasure--it can improve the world, simply by existing as something made with extreme compassion. These are the types of films that alter my perception of the world the most in terms of how to see people. It is a duty to make films with this amount of kindness if we even want to try to be filmmakers.

23. WhatsUpWill's rating of the film Goodbye Solo

If only all movies had this much heart.

24. Aaron G.'s rating of the film Goodbye Solo

Incredibly well-acted, cast, directed, shot, and structured film. Deeply moving and effective.