1. Palmat's rating of the film Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween

An OK sequel with a snappy tempo and some cool scenes. However, the whole thing comes off as rushed and unfocused in the end since no plot point is given time to really sink in. We get stereotypes we´ve seen before in second hand situations compared to the first movie which was more successful in painting the characters and setting the stage. Still there is light fun to be had here if you adjust expectations.

2. Steve Pulaski's rating of the film Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween

Where the first "Goosebumps" movie not only felt lively but effectively filled a void of kid-friendly horror films at the time, this uninspired sequel feels like it's milking a cash cow and nothing more. Other than a few amusing asides, such as the sequence involving rabid gummy bears, Terry the stupid pumpkin, and a third-act cameo by Jack Black, "Goosebumps 2" misses a gold-plated opportunity for its genre.

3. Dana Henson's rating of the film Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween

10/17/18 - Wunderland Milwaukie Cinema - Digital - A charming cast and appealing special effects make this a pretty good watch for younger viewers. I never saw the first film but it seems to have very little to do with it. I could really see me getting into the idea of Halloween decorations coming to life when I was at the trick or treating age.