1. ap's rating of the film Goto, Island of Love

2. José Neves's rating of the film Goto, Island of Love

DCP, 2k. In fact, by replacing animation with people, one didn't miss the heavy style that has always been his characteristic until eroticism has fully taken hold of his figurative universe, without major endeavors. A cult filmmaker - not mine - here he verbalizes with little subtlety the parable and surrealism, being the theatrical component, proscenium and theatrical act, which still makes the film breathe.

3. dionysus67's rating of the film Goto, Island of Love

Nearly tactile in terms of the craftmanship with which Borowczyk treats surfaces, this is cinema of the (sexual) politics of confinement at its best. Punctuated three times by an ethereal Handel organ concerto, this story of Eros as a force of resistance against the 'mechanism' of totalitarianism, is not only sensual but delivers maybe the greatest tragic finale on the blindness of romantic love in all cinema!

4. Juan Javier's rating of the film Goto, Island of Love

5. petit astronaute's rating of the film Goto, Island of Love

6. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Goto, Island of Love

3.5 stars. Stumbling, fleshy humans in a world of dilapidated discipline. At times borders on the droll because Boro recognises that autocracies draw their sustenance from kitsch banality. The bevy of menacingly placid objects (tin baths; fly traps; puppet head) could leap form from their fixtures and cabinets and commingle in a Švankmajerian orgy at any moment!

7. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film Goto, Island of Love

Feels like it could belong in the same universe as La Jetee or the Handmaiden's Tale. Boro's camera is a poetic and perverse gateway to a bizarre fantasy world which never gets overcomplicated or self-indulgent. Go to Goto!

8. 00red00's rating of the film Goto, Island of Love

Sublime. A visual pleasure.

9. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Goto, Island of Love

A bit tamer than future Walerian Borowczyk films, this is no less interesting for fans of his work. It's a tale of love and power, a messy tangle leading to a Shakespearian third act. And enjoyable stuff it is too.

10. Draughtsman Without Contract's rating of the film Goto, Island of Love

But the last 10 minutes are wondrous.

11. Zachariah Rigby's rating of the film Goto, Island of Love

Moves like a strange little clockwork diorama you found in the back of an antiques shop while you were on holiday. Surreal and wonderful.

12. FISCHER's rating of the film Goto, Island of Love

Rapports de force, intrigues, érotisme constellent cette oeuvre "expérimentale" qui rappelle l'atmosphère étouffante des romans de Franz Kafka et dont la richesse du montage et la multitude de lectures illusionnaient sur le talent réel du réalisateur... www.cinefiches.com

13. Renton47's rating of the film Goto, Island of Love

'Goto' is a strange composite of disparate elements, some working better than the others. It's a literary film, the comparison thrown around at my screening was Kafka but I can't help see more of Raskolnikov in Andreani's Gono. Partly a satire of fascism, it's also a moderately successful stalker thriller and fly-catching romp. Striking imagery, odd plotting.

14. Kinch Kinski's rating of the film Goto, Island of Love

Really this should be 3 1/2 stars. I found it visually great, and the evocation of an insular society crumbling in on itself was well done. The central tale of Grozo – a kind of inverted Midas – was interesting enough, and the actor conveyed keen intelligence and moral wretchedness well. Ultimately though, the film felt shallow to me. But that may change on my next viewing.

15. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film Goto, Island of Love

La présence de Pierre BRASSEUR, grand comédien du 20 ème siècle, donne de l'intérêt à cette oeuvre. Film - à mon humble avis - devenu obsolète et quasiment assommant.

16. Bekriah M's rating of the film Goto, Island of Love

Woo-ha. Good picture, good music. I wish this never came to an end, but a good appetizer for Borowczyk.

17. nouvelle vague 1960's rating of the film Goto, Island of Love

I think this is one of those films,that I'll have to see again,to understand the film makers intentions.In his world of Goto, we have a society that appears to have stood still,maybe even gone back in time.Theres an austere brutality to it,where anything of beauty must die.At times the film itself looks like a throwback to early cinema and is both absurd and surreal.It feels like an harbinger of Pasolini's "Salo"!

18. Jason's rating of the film Goto, Island of Love

The amorous, like the political, is a sad (though not, of course, unamusing) farce. What an assemblage! The domestication of animals is just wildly, unbelievably absurd madness. And, of course, we are domesticated animals. Self-importance makes adorable, idiotic little boys of us all. This is just one of the best things I have ever seen. Jiminy Cricket!

19. ADZERTY's rating of the film Goto, Island of Love

Qu'on imagine Iago prendre la place de Ruy Blas et on tient l'historie relatée par cette oeuvre fascinante, au jeu et aux cadrages proches du cinéma muet. Du grand Borocwczyk !

20. fearraigh's rating of the film Goto, Island of Love

Borowcyzk's satire doesn't always come together here but, as with most his films, it is incredibly beautiful stuff.

21. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Goto, Island of Love

I wonder if Borowczyk's movies stemmed from the accumulated outlandish trinkets he had at hand; but this one is yet another wonderful collection wrapped around a tragicomedic beauty of a story. Very nice!!

22. Olivier Serafinowicz's rating of the film Goto, Island of Love

Well, just after a first viewing, i have to say that for me this is a masterpiece; wild self contained universe with incredible aesthetics, surprising montage, unforgettable sequences. Really recommended, and give the movie its time whilst watching.

23. Balthaz21's rating of the film Goto, Island of Love

24. animalcalls's rating of the film Goto, Island of Love

Space and tableaux as poetry. The ending will make you feel something longing and dark. Near perfect.