1. Sara Sousa's rating of the film Gran Torino

SPOILERS. Cliché but a very appealing story that was very well told. But something here is disturbing: the way Sue's rape is used as a way to give the men a thirst for vengeance. Its importance comes solely from how it affects the male leads. Do we know how she felt? How she recovered? No. In the end, Thao gets the Gran Torino, Sue nowhere to be seen.

2. Ruiz Buñuel's rating of the film Gran Torino

3. Roy Deckard's rating of the film Gran Torino

I wish Clint Eastwood wasn't a (crazy) Republican and Tom Cruise a (crazy) Scientologist! I love most of their work but when the film ends, I remember who they truly are. But I won't judge their art by their personal beliefs. Great movie! 4.5 stars.

4. alfredodimalo's rating of the film Gran Torino

5. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Gran Torino

Clint Eastwood returning to the cranky, angry man who takes the law in his own hands and giving him a bitter-sweet realistic ending. Unsurprisingly Eastwood steals the show with his unique comments about religion and social problems and in many ways he goes full circle on his acting career ending how he started it all. Still, it is not a typical Eastwood actioner even if it could seem like it by how it builds up.

6. pintobean's rating of the film Gran Torino

an old man's fever dream wherein ppl don't mind being called slurs because hey! that's what it means to be a man in the great ole US of A. so tired and so played out. i want none of this white american savior bs and i don't have enough nostalgic appreciation for clint eastwood to fake like it's impressive OR original.

7. Loud Rocks's rating of the film Gran Torino

8. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Gran Torino

Client Eastwood's last great film and one of his best performances. Grand Tourino is a powerful meditation on what it means to be a hero and effectively a send off for the Dirty Harry character if not in name.

9. Simone Giordano's rating of the film Gran Torino

Bello, emozionante, capolavoro. Uno dei film più belli che io abbia mai visto al cinema.

10. MistaRichard's rating of the film Gran Torino

Old racist geezer with a bad connection to his kids finds solace and learns "how to love" after he meets a group of the very people he's learned to hate. Generic, drippy and stale. Eastwood is the only solid actor, too.

11. sofiazelaya's rating of the film Gran Torino

a veces es muy white savior pero superó mis expectativas de este viejo

12. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Gran Torino

13. Vincent T's rating of the film Gran Torino

14. Finbar Somers's rating of the film Gran Torino

Cringe-inducingly heavy-handed, what the hell

15. Rachel Tyler's rating of the film Gran Torino

What a weird coincidence that I happened to watch this right after I watched John Wayne's last movie, The Shootist (1976). This could practically be a remake. Ok, maybe not that exact, but the films are eerily similar in plot points and themes. Highly recommended double feature!

16. ironbound's rating of the film Gran Torino

Jesus, how did I come across the idea to watch this sh*t at the first place?! Such a waste.

17. Chihao Tsang's rating of the film Gran Torino

One of my fav Clint Eastwood movies, still good after repeat viewings

18. Cristián Gómez's rating of the film Gran Torino

amo a clint eastwood aunque lo odio x ser un facho qlo gringo asqueroso

19. yovargas's rating of the film Gran Torino

Has all the subtlety and artfulness of an after-school special on diversity. A movie so obvious and heavy-handed in its simplistic "hey, can't we all just get along" message that I knew exactly where the story was going within minutes, and I was exactly right. Racism is bad; so is this movie. D+

20. Cátia Pereira's rating of the film Gran Torino

Subtle storytelling. Intelligent dialogues. Every key scene unveils a new detail without giving away too much, leaving the spectator wondering about what was told and trying to make sense of it into the story. And then a series of emotional events (at least to me they were) where everything adds up. Altough a quite simple plot, it kept me hanging until the very end. And plus, Eastwood's got style.

21. María F. Guerrero's rating of the film Gran Torino

I watched this when I was very young and I thought this was so good. And then I rewatched it as the eye of someone not that very young and all I can say is this is not like remotely as good as I thought.

22. Ethan's rating of the film Gran Torino

This was another great performance from Clint Eastwood. He was always at his best when he was grumpy and irritable.

23. Andrew Sax's rating of the film Gran Torino