1. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Grand Piano

2. DenoResandono's rating of the film Grand Piano

There were some bad reviews before I watched this movie. I still watch it, anyway. I know - there are some flaws in this movie. Maybe some moments look ridiculous. But in my opinion, this movie is f*cking entertaining. I think - GRAND PIANO realized that it has a weak storyline. But director Eugenio Mira and writer Damien Chazelle know how to make it interesting. GRAND PIANO is thrilling and guilty pleasure to me...

3. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Grand Piano

An original concept but one which does not have the milage to grip past 30 mins let alone 90 mins. Consequently it becomes increasingly ridiculous, though Elija Wood gives a committed performance and it is entertaining enough.

4. Thomas's rating of the film Grand Piano

Has all the ingredients for a tight, thrilling suspense mystery. Just lacks the drive and acerbic ferocity such a ride requires.

5. m.jempson@btinternet.com's rating of the film Grand Piano

I'm glad the making of the film provided 2,000 jobs, just a pity the end product was such a disappointment. Hitchcock would have shrugged his bulky shoulders and left the theatre before the interval.

6. simon caro's rating of the film Grand Piano

Taking the view that when you're viewing on Mubi you're expecting a film to offer something special - in this case; I can't see anything special here . . .

7. Noëlle's rating of the film Grand Piano

8. Superfrog's rating of the film Grand Piano

Delivers exactly what it wants. You may not like the style, or the premise, or the events (neither do I). As a performance it is close to flawless, keeping you rivetted (nothing to do with the eponymous French director) not so much because you care, but because it is well done. Or I have reviewer bias as I was in a strange mood. Who knows

9. Magic Lantern Alison's rating of the film Grand Piano

I really enjoyed this! A tight, zippy thriller, gripping and original yet kind of classic. Great performance by Elijah Wood.

10. DanB3000's rating of the film Grand Piano

Mediocre acting, phonebooth-type plot and made-for-TV cinematography let the film down. A thin experience.

11. Angus George Alexander Brown's rating of the film Grand Piano

Some of the dialogue in this film is really bad - expositional nonsense. That being said, all of the scenes between Elijah Wood and the main villain are pulse-racing, and the final take is mesmerising.

12. Chris sutton's rating of the film Grand Piano

For those that thought phone booth was silly, here we have the seen sillier Grand Piano. Plot holes, bizarre behavior and the apparent mandatory and unreasonable requirement for the full suspension of our disbelief, this is a bit of a turkey. I wonder who thsi film is really for? A popcorn thriller for those waiting out the lull between scheduled event cinema? On the plus side it wasn't overlong nor was I bored

13. Matt's rating of the film Grand Piano

14. Alex Hall's rating of the film Grand Piano

15. Ruth Gilbert's rating of the film Grand Piano

Lacked any sense of style, tension, dramatic pacing. Unwatchable.

16. Martin Cavannagh's rating of the film Grand Piano

A robust and compact thriller in the vein of Phone Booth. There's nothing earth-shaking in this Spanish-produced film, but Elijah Wood manages to execute this somewhat underwritten lead role. A great hangover film.

17. A47's rating of the film Grand Piano

18. Nick Stamp's rating of the film Grand Piano

Nothing spectacular, which is more than can be said for the clichéd ending.

19. Steven Addison's rating of the film Grand Piano

... highly improbable, highly enjoyable, highly Hitchcockian ...

20. mubiphile's rating of the film Grand Piano

Pretty pleased with itself and yet lacks any reason to be so. Not having to look at JC for long is a redeeming feature.

21. Camille Mijola's rating of the film Grand Piano

The plot... is... so uninteresting. The attempt at suspense is... perhaps not even an attempt. The characters are terrible -- uninteresting, unrelatable, forced. The special effects are good for laughs. Actually, it all quite laughable. Mubi...?

22. Chris Dew's rating of the film Grand Piano

23. Chris's rating of the film Grand Piano

pretty stupid... kinda fun but still so many issues (like.... why not just break it open....) - 5/10

24. John Burgess's rating of the film Grand Piano

Dear oh dear, what a crazy mixed up film. No comparison to the simply superb Whiplash. Even if it was the same scriptwriter, I am afraid script is all it is. Elijah Wood is, well, wooden (can he do ANY other face than "worried"?) and John Cusak was clearly paying his mortgage with this one. This would have been a better film made 60 years earlier, in black and white, and with a lead who played better than he acted.