1. ryanbestford's rating of the film Grandma

This film touched me. I relived a memory. Ended with chills.

2. msmichel's rating of the film Grandma

Sweet short from Anthony Chen that finds a family gathered around their comatose grandmother in her final hours. The youngest of the clan makes a final connection. Poignant, tender and emotional.

3. Kylie West's rating of the film Grandma

I feel somewhat guilty that I did not get as emotional as I probably should have... but the final moments of the movie were still quite touching.

4. raggiodisole's rating of the film Grandma

5. Peter Belly's rating of the film Grandma

NOTES—too fragmented for its own good/works as an elegy/diverse economy of grief between the family/should have been more selective with characters situations for more effectiveness/intimacy of contact in last scene of hands and the shuffle of close ups with the heart monitor most powerful sections/well shot

6. MicheleMpls's rating of the film Grandma

A true portrait, she slips away at the end...

7. Joe's rating of the film Grandma

8. Lisa Biesinger's rating of the film Grandma

For a westerner, perhaps a bit odd, that all these different people feel so strongly that an old woman is dying. But well filmed.

9. paul oram's rating of the film Grandma

Grandma's last moment is the best moment.

10. Eric Sherwood's rating of the film Grandma

blugh can u get more cliched?

11. mgaspa's rating of the film Grandma

12. Lera's rating of the film Grandma

Touching, relatable but not much else. We all die one day

13. David Benedek's rating of the film Grandma

Watching a lot of people cry doesn't make for an emotional film.

14. Daniel Polsby's rating of the film Grandma

I'm surprised that this was a festival selection, much less a Cannes selection, much less given an award of distinction there. There's just not a lot here, folks. Script? Non-existent. Acting? Passable in places, bad in others. Mise-en-scene savvy? Negligible. I suppose I could forgive all of these deficits somehow if the film showed us anything new/surprising/true about the situation; but I can't say it does.

15. Weston Campbell's rating of the film Grandma

16. harikauygur's rating of the film Grandma

17. bryan donnell's rating of the film Grandma

On the one hand, it seems like too much of it may depend on us believing the actors when they cry, which I don't -- it feels like Acting. On the other, I like that this is a little glimpse; the fragmented nature of the "narrative"; and what it tries to do. My ultimate test for a film is, does it make me want to make a movie myself? If yes then it's a thumbs up, so thumbs up here.

18. Mehmet's rating of the film Grandma

19. rachel's rating of the film Grandma

Too many quick scenes, provoking little emotion, but still sad.

20. ramiro's rating of the film Grandma

21. Enghebatu's rating of the film Grandma

Watched his Ilo Ilo before. Quite similar views,

22. El Biffo's rating of the film Grandma

A short look at the world of grief; will be very familiar to anyone who has experienced the death of a loved one.