1. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Graveyard of Honor

4.5. Un altro remake molto piĆ¹ che riuscito.

2. Andy G.'s rating of the film Graveyard of Honor

Goro Kishitani is mighty in this. He gives probably the best performance in any Miike film. A great, nihilistic yakuza piece done the Miike way!

3. Jake Cole's rating of the film Graveyard of Honor

A dishwasher-cum-Yakuza "uncle" quickly points out to his peers how laughable their codes of conduct are. They attempt to destroy him to preserve their way, yet they do so by beating up women, cutting off thumbs, and a host of back- (and front-) stabbing. Y'know, honorable stuff. The lethargic jazz that runs under all this is a requiem for these gangsters' delusion.

4. Ryan Pearce's rating of the film Graveyard of Honor

Miike at the peak of his game, and also at the top of the pile when it comes to crime cinema. Easily one of the great films of the 00's.

5. jhr's rating of the film Graveyard of Honor

Most nihilistic film ever?

6. Tony Pauletto's rating of the film Graveyard of Honor

I'm not sure if I've ever seen a film so confidentely anarchic. Graveyard of Honor takes all the demonstrative exploits of the crime genre and amplifies them, celebrating in a fireworks show of unsophistication. It's more than pulp, more than exploitation. It's Miike. And I'm pleased to meet him.

7. Checkpoint Charlie's rating of the film Graveyard of Honor

I've only seen this and "Gozu", and I'm still rather wary and uncertain about what to make of Takashi Miike's style and take on things. It's not so difficult to understand this one, especially the character of Rikuo who I see as feeling a lack of faith in the yakuza system by the time he is out of prison, thus his further derangement throughout the film. But I am still undecided...

8. Easton Dubois's rating of the film Graveyard of Honor

One of the finest performances in Miike's oeuvre, a delicious remake.

9. Dean Fernando's rating of the film Graveyard of Honor

a fantastic remake of the Kinji Fukasaku yakuza classic. Miike flexes a more traditional visual style in this film, which allows Goro Kishitani to be front and center with his tour de force performance as Rikuo Ishimatsu