1. Mert Kaya's rating of the film Greed

very great movie but production was right to cut this. watched 4-hour version, it felt too long for today's standards. too slow paced.

2. Francisca's rating of the film Greed

3. FISCHER's rating of the film Greed

Maintes fois cité et référencé comme faisant partie des dix meilleurs films de l'histoire du cinéma, ce chef-d'oeuvre de 4h30 (environ 25 bobines) en comptait 42 à l'origine ! www.cinefiches.com

4. εξώτερο Διάστημα's rating of the film Greed

My paternal grandma is a hoarding serpent, a treasure dragon who'll likely starve herself to atrophy or slip and break a bone while walking miles for infinitesimally cheaper napkins on a winter day. Taking up philosophy at uni was partly in deep opposition to old penny pincher's squabbly, squeaky, monstrously hilarious vice. A MUBI chum urged me to rewatch Van Sant's Gerry. The time is now: Greed's epilogue commands.

5. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Greed

Saw this years ago on late night AMC, a narrative mechanism that grinds up its characters and spits them out.

6. SpacePirate's rating of the film Greed

This film felt very ahead of its time for me, in the terms of the usage of the camera, and even some of the acting in spots. Almost Welles-ian at times. Was the directors cut really 30 hrs or some shit? Insane

7. Stevie's rating of the film Greed

Along with The Passion of Joan of Arc, the ultimate silent masterpiece.

8. Beatrice Lorenzini's rating of the film Greed

Versione photoplay da 140' e comunque incredibile. In attesa di vedere le altre versioni.

9. Illusion Travels By Streetcar's rating of the film Greed

"How did this movie fit into their project?" "It didn't." http://illusionpodcast.blogspot.com/2015/11/episode-80-unedited-commentary-track.html

10. Chris_Parker's rating of the film Greed

The 4 hour version is outstanding.

11. ASHES IN THE HOURGLASS's rating of the film Greed

Cinema is the only art where people are as obsessed, if not more so, about the unfinished result than the finished one. They want the Legend, not the Truth. The Romantic past over the present. They want a 8 Hour epic of unknown quality rather than the compact 2:15 masterpiece that is in front of them. Von Stroheim has made one of the greatest and most modern silent films, whose influence still continues to spread.

12. paxy's rating of the film Greed

13. André Sousa's rating of the film Greed

14. Mihai Cristea's rating of the film Greed

15. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Greed

Ambitious, but dated. I am sure if I saw it during its original release, it would have been much better....

16. JUERGEN_K's rating of the film Greed

missing the 06hour version

17. nein's rating of the film Greed

Great movie, a very important one, I know. But I still liked FOOLISH WIVES more. Maybe I didn't like it because I saw myself in Trina, ha ha ha.

18. Hugo Poderoso's rating of the film Greed

This must be the first movie with no character that serves as an ethic standpoint.

19. Cole Caudle's rating of the film Greed

So happy to see this recently at the BFI with live accompaniment. Fantastic use of deep space and associative editing. I would love to see the 4hr version.

20. Lewis's rating of the film Greed

Is the four hour version the version with stills spliced into it?

21. Kian Ross's rating of the film Greed

People might not be aware of this but Greed is availble on itunes for 10 bucks. It's not a DVD but it's something.

22. Amadeus Magnus's rating of the film Greed

4 hrs marathon... phew. first quarter is too slow. rest is very good. 4/5.

23. Ciprian David's rating of the film Greed

Only when walking around Tübingen, hands in my pocket and not at all at ease after watching Greed, I realized how intense these 2,5 hours were. I knew what to expect, but it still overwhelmed me. The music, the crossroads between signs and realism, drama and contemplation, the gaze of ZaSu Pitts - I'm so grateful i saw it!

24. Scott Barley's rating of the film Greed

Just watched the 4hr version. A lot of the insight into the scale has somewhat been lost, but the ambition is still there. A unique landmark in silent cinema.