1. Nolan Barth's rating of the film Greenwich Village: Music That Defined a Generation

This is a very well put together and well done documentary. It really captures the feeling and emotions of the time and it almost makes you feel like you were right there with everyone in Greenwich Village. However, it just didn't capture my attention... I feel like if you are a huge folk fan or just a huge music buff then this documentary is made for you! I just didn't personally connect with it.

2. Ben Loory's rating of the film Greenwich Village: Music That Defined a Generation

3. David R Williams's rating of the film Greenwich Village: Music That Defined a Generation

The performances are what earns this the 4th star. Powerful music that time has not lessened. The times really were a changing and its nearly soul-crushing to see that many of the social and global issues these singer-songwriters railed against are still with us all these years later.

4. ShawnD's rating of the film Greenwich Village: Music That Defined a Generation

This is catnip for liberals like me. It's basically a survey of anyone who was anyone in the Village in the late 50s/early 60s with a gaping whole at the center where Bob Dylan should be. He doesn't appear in the film which is like reading the Bible without Moses. The filmmakers do their best though with what they have. I would have liked to see an Animal House-style recap, where we're told what became of people.

5. yaz's rating of the film Greenwich Village: Music That Defined a Generation

a good documentary, the aesthetics are nothing more than average, but yet it still provides a fair overview on what was happening musically in the Village in the sixties. Pretty straightforward to the point, simple and doesn't claim more than that.

6. Lorna Singh's rating of the film Greenwich Village: Music That Defined a Generation

When music addresses politics and social injustice.

7. gabi gabi gabi's rating of the film Greenwich Village: Music That Defined a Generation

8. Jennifer Weeks's rating of the film Greenwich Village: Music That Defined a Generation

Great music, great message. Made me think about how our own time will be remembered. The 1960s are proof that wonderful things can happen when people act from the heart.

9. corycorycorycory's rating of the film Greenwich Village: Music That Defined a Generation

This was hard to get through. The source material is great, but the interviews really bogged it down.

10. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Greenwich Village: Music That Defined a Generation

Great to see Oscar Brand. He is one hell of a storyteller and folk historian. Look him up.

11. Loz Loory's rating of the film Greenwich Village: Music That Defined a Generation

Great old footage. So happy to see Odetta in her early days. In the 1950s, NY City Planner Robert Moses wanted to build the Lower Manhattan Expressway through Greenwich Village, directly through Washington Square Park. This scheme was defeated by grassroots organization led by resident Jane Jacobs, whose famous 1961 book, "The Death and Life of Great Cities," revolutionized the field of urban planning.

12. zi's rating of the film Greenwich Village: Music That Defined a Generation

Every once in a while i find a Canadian film that doesn't make me cringe :) Yaay Canada.

13. jim in austin's rating of the film Greenwich Village: Music That Defined a Generation

This pushed a lot of buttons for an old fart like me but for others, perhaps not so much. Still, this chronicles an important time and place in music and politics and is a good, if somewhat glossy introduction. And as an aside, Father Time has been kinder to some than others...