1. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Gremlins

The perfect Christmas monster movie. Who can't love these small puppets with greater personality and charm than any CGI monster in modern time? Phoebe Cates in a supporting role is also a plus. Only the background story about a father falling down a chimney dressed as Santa feels like it's written for a different film all together and is too sad in a fun movie where the monsters do havoc on everyone and everything.

2. DenoResandono's rating of the film Gremlins

Honestly, I still confused - whether this movie is a horror movie or not. Because it didn't seem scary, frightening, or whatever it is. Maybe I would say it's fantasy movie. Because there's a fictional creature. GREMLINS is fun, exciting, and very entertaining. The "special effect" elements from producer Steven Spielberg and "horror" elements from director Joe Dante created such a unique collaboration. Entertaining!

3. Dana Henson's rating of the film Gremlins

I never saw this as a kid but I still felt a nostalgia for it. It's all at once cute, sweet, adventurous and dark, violent and mischievous. Dante strikes the perfect tone and the Stan Winston special effects are in wonderful display. Everybody wants a pet like Gizmo.

4. Andre Flickatina's rating of the film Gremlins

thought this was going to be a cutesy kids movie, i was NOT prepared for that chimney story

5. Siniestro's rating of the film Gremlins

6. Axel's rating of the film Gremlins

Three nostalgic stars. Would I watch it again... it might only get one.

7. Richard Tines's rating of the film Gremlins

One of the first (it was released the same time as Ghostbusters) horror comedies, and a precursor to greats like "Shaun of the Dead", this classic remains amazingly awesome today, thanks to it's mix of gags and gruesomeness, helped all the while by a Danny Elfman-worthy score (by Jerry Goldsmith) and Chris Columbus's dark tongue in cheek script... historical note...this film led the MPAA to alter it's rating system!

8. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Gremlins

An odd mix of slapstick and mild horror which pulls together in typically brazen Hollywood style - here having its cake and eating it whilst pissing over its' suburban mainstay. It's funny how what seemed like mass produced plastic at the time has now achieved a patina of charm which means either the craven machine has hardened still further or one should just go with the flow and enjoy a bit of fluff. Both I guess.

9. PeterK94's rating of the film Gremlins

About as good as I remember.

10. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Gremlins

3.5 stars. Hee hee hee ho ho ho~ oh little Gizmo I love you so! Forget about watching it as an allegory and just enjoy the impeccably structured chaos unfold! Utterly daft, but gleefully nasty at times - the story of the father starving to death jammed in the chimney is the best Christmas story of all! Dang! A bit of a childhood favourite, this.

11. James Mackin's rating of the film Gremlins

This is my second favourite Christmas movie. And Robby the Robot fell so far.

12. FISCHER's rating of the film Gremlins

Seules les bestioles sont originales... www.cinefiches.com

13. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Gremlins

2-3. My feelings on this are really mixed. The gremlins soak up almost all of the writing and directorial attention to the point that the main characters feel like (perhaps overly) simple foils to the violence playing out onscreen. The movie is also unable to smoothly counterbalance the 'evil foreigner' implications, especially given the 'patriotic' association attached to Gizmo's benevolence.

14. lostlevel's rating of the film Gremlins

I had to re-watch this to confirm it wasn't nostalgia it really is albeit in darker and more twisted ways than kid me was able to pick up on.

15. Kreg's rating of the film Gremlins

A memorable movie worth revisiting. The SFX and animatronics I used to find traumatic just impress me now that I'm older. Though the line between horror and comedy goes from being blurry to confused at times, you can hardly find fault in the overall delivery.

16. Paolo Utili's rating of the film Gremlins

17. HKFanatic's rating of the film Gremlins

The rare childhood favorite that becomes even more enjoyable as an adult now that I'm able to truly appreciate the film's subversive quality. Here, the usual Amblin sense of wonder is tempered by Joe Dante and Chris Columbus' anarchic streak: we watch as a picturesque suburban town right out of "It's a Wonderful Life" descends into sheer chaos once the lovable but lethal gremlins are unleashed. A live-action cartoon.

18. Jonathan Smith's rating of the film Gremlins

Utterly daft Christmas fun with a bunch of nasty little gremlins wrecking the joint. Essentially the film is a bizarre mashing of It's a Wonderful Life & Invasion of the Body Snatchers-what's not to like? The film's real joy lies in its tone deaf approach where nostalgia for 50s America, lazy racial stereotyping, deceptively gruesome violence & a funny/tragic story about Santa dying in the chimney all come together.

19. Balthaz21's rating of the film Gremlins

20. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Gremlins

A wonderful slice of morbid genre anarchy from Joe Dante, who lovingly borrows all the mid-century smalltown American kitsch he can get his hands on just so he can have fun blowing it up. A synthesis of Corman, Spielberg, Looney Tunes, and 50s sci-fi that adds up to an affectionately campy horror movie for innocent kids, best appreciated after they become warped adults.

21. Elle Johnston's rating of the film Gremlins

As an adult I can watch horror movies that don't even make me raise an eyebrow but the moment I even see a Gremlin my entire body just shudders in fear. These things just freak. me. out.

22. Isabella Heron's rating of the film Gremlins

this deserves all the love and affection in the world

23. Mtume Gant's rating of the film Gremlins

Someone forgot to remind me how racist this movie is

24. Nicole Cahali's rating of the film Gremlins