1. Amanda Violetto's rating of the film Grey Gardens

thank you for memorializing these two women because they absolutely have my heart

2. steeeeellaaaaa's rating of the film Grey Gardens

3. -REM-'s rating of the film Grey Gardens

4. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Grey Gardens

7.5/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2O2

5. Balthaz21's rating of the film Grey Gardens

6. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film Grey Gardens

For me this is a really sad portrait of a little Edie who's a little out of touch with reality, and caught in between wanting to spread her wings and being totally dependent on her mother.

7. ionu's rating of the film Grey Gardens

3.5, but very very very mixed feelings on this.

8. Yumi Kaioh's rating of the film Grey Gardens

9. Sarika Joglekar's rating of the film Grey Gardens

honestly don't really understand why this documentary is so heralded. felt voyeuristic in a very bad way

10. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Grey Gardens

Little and big Edie Beale live in a dilapidated old house, infested with raccoons and other animals. Once high society participants, this is where they have now found themselves, free from society but still trapped in their own world. These are eccentric characters, and we are brought into their lives as they live them: carefree and unknowing of any social standards. It’s a fascinating watch.

11. boughtabride's rating of the film Grey Gardens

a strange, sad, funny documentary. they said they didn't feel exploited, but i almost felt like my reaction was like i was doing it to them. the documentary was cyclical. they were stuck in this house, they had the same arguments; it was a sick fascination about white ennui and crumbling wealth. i really enjoyed it, though, and cried. and little edie became iconic, obviously.

12. reijagrrl's rating of the film Grey Gardens

you MUST watch grey gardens in the early afternoon, in a kimono + shorts, with a ouija board placemat under your pizza. which you eat with a spoon.

13. lisa's rating of the film Grey Gardens

14. El Biffo's rating of the film Grey Gardens

Maysles are great film makers, but there are more interesting people than this in my neighborhood. I think that if they weren't relatives of Jackie Onassis, they would not be "cult figures". The cats and raccoons are cute, but I have plenty of those in my neighborhood as well.

15. Mr. Marston's rating of the film Grey Gardens

16. smndvdcl's rating of the film Grey Gardens

The real life Miss Havisham, whose humanity surpasses the tragedy of her plight. A haunting documentary that may be subversive but seeks not to humiliate its subject - instead, showing that even the most eccentric have heart, no matter how marginalised.

17. DaisyJ's rating of the film Grey Gardens

For a single woman in her thirties, this movie is scary.

18. caitlin.f's rating of the film Grey Gardens

equally painful & enthralling. a must watch!

19. daftnymph's rating of the film Grey Gardens

mother daughter sabotage/love

20. Joe Hackman's rating of the film Grey Gardens

A fascinating character study featuring two women whose collected neuroses make for a fascinating watch.

21. Valentina Sanchez's rating of the film Grey Gardens

22. RodrigoPereira's rating of the film Grey Gardens

"My body is a precious place - it's a concentrated ground."

23. Cichlisuite's rating of the film Grey Gardens

3.5 Amazing that it was made and some remarkable scenes but oh so painful to watch

24. Edward Morris's rating of the film Grey Gardens

Is it acceptable for two mad ladies to be filmed in this way? A more shocking piece of cinema than any horror film

← Previous 1 3 4