1. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Grey Gardens

"When are you gonna learn, Edie? You're in this world, you know. You're not out of the world." If Beckett had ever written an American melodrama it might have been something like the absurdist autumnal stasis of 'Grey Gardens'. Sometimes the two Edies could be cruel to one another, but mostly they had fun passing the time, assembling Little Edie's revolutionary costumes, and I did too, though moments dragged.

2. Ryan Christopher Coleman's rating of the film Grey Gardens

3. Katya Kazbek's rating of the film Grey Gardens

I really want to find out what happened with these royalties, because if the Maysles brothers did not share them with the Beales, as is alleged in many sources, it makes me very, very angry.

4. Amanda Violetto's rating of the film Grey Gardens

thank you for memorializing these two women because they absolutely have my heart

5. steeeeellaaaaa (Iulia N)'s rating of the film Grey Gardens

6. -REM-'s rating of the film Grey Gardens

7. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Grey Gardens

7.5/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2O2

8. Balthaz21's rating of the film Grey Gardens

9. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film Grey Gardens

For me this is a really sad portrait of a little Edie who's a little out of touch with reality, and caught in between wanting to spread her wings and being totally dependent on her mother.

10. ionu's rating of the film Grey Gardens

3.5, but very very very mixed feelings on this.

11. Yumi Kaioh's rating of the film Grey Gardens

they're both delusional - came back here sometime now to change my rating from 4 to 5! I still remember them and think of them!

12. Sarika Joglekar's rating of the film Grey Gardens

honestly don't really understand why this documentary is so heralded. felt voyeuristic in a very bad way

13. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Grey Gardens

Little and big Edie Beale live in a dilapidated old house, infested with raccoons and other animals. Once high society participants, this is where they have now found themselves, free from society but still trapped in their own world. These are eccentric characters, and we are brought into their lives as they live them: carefree and unknowing of any social standards. It’s a fascinating watch.

14. boughtabride's rating of the film Grey Gardens

a strange, sad, funny documentary. they said they didn't feel exploited, but i almost felt like my reaction was like i was doing it to them. the documentary was cyclical. they were stuck in this house, they had the same arguments; it was a sick fascination about white ennui and crumbling wealth. i really enjoyed it, though, and cried. and little edie became iconic, obviously.

15. reijagrrl's rating of the film Grey Gardens

you MUST watch grey gardens in the early afternoon, in a kimono + shorts, with a ouija board placemat under your pizza. which you eat with a spoon.

16. lisa's rating of the film Grey Gardens

17. El Biffo's rating of the film Grey Gardens

Maysles are great film makers, but there are more interesting people than this in my neighborhood. I think that if they weren't relatives of Jackie Onassis, they would not be "cult figures". The cats and raccoons are cute, but I have plenty of those in my neighborhood as well.

18. Mr. Marston's rating of the film Grey Gardens

19. smndvdcl's rating of the film Grey Gardens

The real life Miss Havisham, whose humanity surpasses the tragedy of her plight. A haunting documentary that may be subversive but seeks not to humiliate its subject - instead, showing that even the most eccentric have heart, no matter how marginalised.

20. DaisyJ's rating of the film Grey Gardens

For a single woman in her thirties, this movie is scary.

21. caitlin.f's rating of the film Grey Gardens

equally painful & enthralling. a must watch!

22. daftnymph's rating of the film Grey Gardens

mother daughter sabotage/love

23. Joe Hackman's rating of the film Grey Gardens

A fascinating character study featuring two women whose collected neuroses make for a fascinating watch.

24. Valentina Sanchez's rating of the film Grey Gardens