1. Saaam's rating of the film Grizzly Man

one of the best documentaries i've ever seen!

2. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Grizzly Man

3.5 stars. For me, Herzog at his most ethically frustrating. In his quest for ecstatic/Herzognian truth he cannibalises Timothy Treadwell's images and makes them his own. Also, I find the scene w/ Herzog listening to the tape of Treadwell's & Huguenard's deaths in front of Treadwell's ex- disingenuous at best. **But** it is masterfully structured to form an absurdist parable of man's hubris. Troublingly tragi-comic.

3. FISCHER's rating of the film Grizzly Man

Werner Herzog, de moins en moins inspiré, s'est contenté de monter les rushes des prises de vue de l'appétissant énergumène, d'insérer de plats interviewes des vagues relations de ce dernier, sans une once d'analyse de son inconsciente démarche et de sa mortelle fascination pour les carnivores ursidés... www.cinefiches.com

4. luz de topos's rating of the film Grizzly Man

5. Arf's rating of the film Grizzly Man

6. ebabehh's rating of the film Grizzly Man

Herzog beating a dead bear. His unironic, teutonic tone, accent, diction, and preoccupation with framing stories within grandiose concepts like "nature" (chaos) and "civilization" (harmony?) render the stupid / mentally ill / lonely (Tim and his unarticulated mission) profound, creating a laughable double order stupidity. Little arc, meaning beyond perhaps the undiscussed dawn of the age of self-recorded performance.

7. ionosonde's rating of the film Grizzly Man

treadwell is a real freak and because of that it's interesting to watch him do his thing. i appreciate herzog's approach to making this film.

8. -REM-'s rating of the film Grizzly Man

9. SiIencio's rating of the film Grizzly Man

Deep down, Treadwell remains a mystery to us, like all human beings when deeply scrutinised. The more we glimpse and know, the stronger is the realisation of the complexities of the being. Herzog sympathetically deconstructs Treadwell with methodic zeal through a multifaceted prism showing an endlessly diverse range of bright colours and black shadows. Deserved tribute to an ambiguous life now consecrated forever.

10. miles's rating of the film Grizzly Man

wow this was something different.

11. Finbar Somers's rating of the film Grizzly Man

12. Tim Ellrich's rating of the film Grizzly Man

13. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film Grizzly Man

I think I thought this would be crazier than it is because of the director, Werner Herzog. But yeah,the subject itself is crazy. And it is a good story about this crazy man who lives with grizzly bears. And it must've been the story that drew Herzog to this subject rather than the chance to create something crazy.

14. Glue Sniffer's rating of the film Grizzly Man

Ten Pan powinien bardziej spiewać o internecie niż starać się zrozumieć niedźwiedzie

15. Phuong Nguyen's rating of the film Grizzly Man

where passion becomes madness

16. EdieEmm's rating of the film Grizzly Man

Not my favourite Herzog. Partially, perhaps, because I resent having to admit that I relate more to Treadwell's childlike escapism here than to Herzog's radical existentialism (those foxes WERE SO his friends, Werner!) Partially because, while it seems so ready-made Herzog, I can't help but sense a bit of an opportunistic imposition of his world view onto the story, in a way I haven't with his other docs. Still: 3.5

17. Jim Fear's rating of the film Grizzly Man

18. cherbourgdoll's rating of the film Grizzly Man

Timothy seemed like such a passionate lovely man I would have loved to have met him.

19. kris's rating of the film Grizzly Man

This is interesting ,i just can't help thinking this guy was off his head. Its good to be passionate about things you are interested in. Perhaps he was so overwhelmed that he forgot the knowledge and sense he had.

20. Nathan Hopkins's rating of the film Grizzly Man

Herzog's most immediately recognizable documentary, Grizzly Man tells the story of Timothy Treadwell, a man many would regard as insane, who chooses to live alone in the wilderness to "protect" bears, yet who is eaten by the very creatures he loves. While darkly tragic and, at times, harshly critical of its subject, it is a story of a regular, if flawed, person, and his lost innocence, kept alive through his footage.

21. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film Grizzly Man

22. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Grizzly Man

The subject is compelling, but I found Herzog's intrusive presence irritating-- shut up, Werner!

23. Carlos de las Heras's rating of the film Grizzly Man

Este maravilloso documento trasciende el celuloide para erguirse como un monumento da sentido a una vida, la de Timothy Treadwell.

24. Ginarley's rating of the film Grizzly Man

There is something remarkable about this documentary. It is essentially a narrated found-footage story about an absolutely fascinating character that you almost couldn't invent. It shouldn't really work nearly as well as it does - Herzog pulls something magic out of a hat here.

← Previous 1 3 4 5