1. Ryan327's rating of the film Grosse Pointe Blank

2. truffraud's rating of the film Grosse Pointe Blank

"i'm a professional killer." "it's a growth industry." what was this movie trying to accomplish? i don't see. john/minnie have nonpareil chemistry though, damn.

3. Thomas's rating of the film Grosse Pointe Blank

I was underwhelmed by this film when it first came out. Revisiting it now I still feel the same way. It feels very disjointed and directionless, a series of tight, well written and often drily comic set-pieces tacked together on top of a cool but distracting soundtrack. But there is no flow to the narrative and the film (unlike the characters portrayed in it) ultimately lacks any charm or personality.

4. Jim Fear's rating of the film Grosse Pointe Blank

5. Filipe F. Coutinho's rating of the film Grosse Pointe Blank

One of the worst uses of a perfectly good soundtrack in the history of cinema. Still, I'm a Cusack fan.

6. Mark O. Stack's rating of the film Grosse Pointe Blank

Cusack would capitalize on his persona to a much more subversive degree with High Fidelity but this is certainly more fun to watch.

7. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film Grosse Pointe Blank

This tries too hard to be everything: romance, comedy, persiflage, crime, So, overall it ends up with being solid entertainment. Average, nothing special.

8. Edna Sweetlove's rating of the film Grosse Pointe Blank

9. HSBilly's rating of the film Grosse Pointe Blank

its fun to be a hitman with a good soundtrack

10. wineboxer's rating of the film Grosse Pointe Blank

the comedic timing's a bit off in places, but i found myself enjoying its odd charm.

11. film_lies101's rating of the film Grosse Pointe Blank

Didn't love this as much as I thought I would, results were just meh

12. WeirdHair's rating of the film Grosse Pointe Blank

Love it for the 80s/90s nostalgia. Also. Minnie Driver.

13. orangey's rating of the film Grosse Pointe Blank

not the classic it's made out to be

14. PABS's rating of the film Grosse Pointe Blank

Made me giggle repeatedly, so it did its job. A little gem of a comedy that I'm glad I found.

15. Tudor Buhatel's rating of the film Grosse Pointe Blank

witty dialogue, dark humor and a great soundtrack... one of those overlooked movies of the 90's

16. Amadeus Magnus's rating of the film Grosse Pointe Blank

great black comedy. i definitely like it.

17. Zandman75's rating of the film Grosse Pointe Blank

A rare gem of a "mainstream" cinema that through some strange alchemy radiates a kind of coolness that can hardly be found in any other movie. Inspired casting, with John Cusack on point; excellent, low-key direction; sparkling dialogue; brilliant music... it's the only movie I've watched twice in a day since I was fourteen. As a bonus: One of the (if not THE) best fight scenes in movie history. What's not to like?

18. Thresk's rating of the film Grosse Pointe Blank

Now HERE'S an interesting little feature - a scintillating romance film (Driver and Cusack have some of the best chemistry I've ever seen) with a hired gun action pastiche shoddily sewn on. Excise the dumb 007 merc plot arc and you've got one seriously fun movie. ★★★★, flaws and all.

19. mjgildea's rating of the film Grosse Pointe Blank

I wasn't impressed with Grosse Pointe Blank when I saw in in the theaters and 17 years did nothing to change my mind. The final act felt like a bunch of outtakes cobbled together, especially at the reunion. In the plus column, the Joan Cusack scenes were gold and a young Minnie Driver was nothing short of adorable. A great soundtrack helped distract me from the weak storytelling. Underwhelming gimmickry.

20. S. Singh's rating of the film Grosse Pointe Blank

Yes I concur with Threske, Minnie Driver and John's chemistry is lovely to watch. John for me always hold some kind of magic and charisma that no actor can, it's the way he speaks and the attitude and body language he portrays that really gets me.

21. Eleanor Abernathy's rating of the film Grosse Pointe Blank